Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-09-2000, 06:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone have any input on these units? Pro's & Con's of both units will be greatly appreicated. Will be using it on a hydro WB. Thanks for your input. Mowman
Old 02-09-2000, 06:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Mowman, I use the velke brand and find that they are awesome and a real time saver. They do not seem to stress the body out. I have not heard anything about the Jungle Jim, but I know a landscaper that owns the Rocket wheels and loves it and has had not problems with it. Hope I have helped you.
Old 02-09-2000, 08:16 PM
Banned

Location: anthracite valley, commonwealth of pennsylvania Winter residence: Charlotte County FLA
None of the above.<br>Try model tr-196 at<br>http://www.turfspecialty.com/page2.html
Old 02-09-2000, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have been told by a couple of people that Velke's are well made if I do get a sulky for my scag I will be getting one of these.<p>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care
Old 02-09-2000, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Member

I've been using the jungle wheels couldn'tell you much about the others.<br> So far I haven,t been to the chiro-kracker!<br>One thing I like about them is how the wheels on them follow the same tracks of the mower rather then having one single track down the center.
Old 02-09-2000, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Lawrence,<p>Have you had good luck with those? I bought 4 a few years back and had terrible luck with them. All 4 broke, litterally came apart in 2 peices before the end of May that year. We wound up totally rebeuilding/reinforcing them by mid summer.<p>I still remember the feeling of your sulky going one way and your mower going the other. It felt like you were stretchman, the toy they had for kids years ago.<p>I paid like 1000.00 for all 4 and sold them at the end of that year for 150.00 total. One of the biggest peice of junk equipment I ever actually purchased.<p>I hope/I'm sure they've made changes (I see the wheels are bigger) They must have or they wouldn't still be selling them and you wouldn't be recommending them.
Old 02-09-2000, 10:06 PM
Banned

Location: anthracite valley, commonwealth of pennsylvania Winter residence: Charlotte County FLA
Actually I don't have the exact models they<br>sell today. I bought 2 of the first generation models. They called them model<br>1994 for they were made in 1994.<p>They are made very heavy duty. With a 3/4 inch square tube frame with diamond plate<br>steel. The first ones (1994) models had<br>square corners and I cut them on the diagonal<br>like the newer ones so the would not come<br>into contact with buildings etc. I also<br>cut the rear roller off.<p>I have fabracated 3 more mounting plates so<br>I can use them on any of my five machines.<p>Actually I have a WTB ad at turfquip.com<br>looking for used units at add to the fleet.<p>Maybe I should reconsider buying 2 more of<br>the new units. Turf specialites is working<br>up a price for me on two of the newer models<br>that will be changed to use the 1994 attachment.<p>Thanks for the heads up maybe I will just<br>buy one unit to test.<br>
Old 02-09-2000, 11:05 PM
Banned

I agree with Lawrence. The turf rider is excellent. I broke one and they sent me a new one, no questions asked. They changed steel suppliers and the new one is heavier. I like not being pulled away from the controls.&lt;p&gt;John
Old 02-09-2000, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Be still my beating heart, there is harmony in the world.
Old 02-09-2000, 11:20 PM
Banned

Lazer-<p>You're too much. :-)&lt;p&gt;John