Register free!

Old 03-19-2008, 12:10 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
This is incorrect information.
When i talked to Mi dept. of ag tahts wat i was told. Exact words- IF your doing Comm. pesticides you have to have your right of way. along with your applicators lisence and your comapny being registered.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:41 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah,...this is incorrect. Even those guys screw up now and again,...unless he just misunderstood your question.
The Right of Way certification (category 6) in a sense has nothing to do with solely commercial properties. What the Cat.6 cert. does, is allow you to spray on areas such as open parking lots, curblines, roadsides, and even technically (but ignored) included in this is the area of yards that is between the sidewalk and the street that is public domain.
As far as it being required to be a commercial applicator, simply isn't true. There are many applicators - and even companies that do not carry their Cat.6....(even though they REALLY should). Most just carry their 3A (Turfgrass) fewer carry their 3B (Ornamental, which allows you to do trees, ornamental, and bed areas). But there are even fewer than this that carry their Cat.6.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Correct Joe. I could never understand why applicators don't carry the cat6. The state has really made it easy with the combo test (3a,3b,6) to NOT have it.

And are you ever right about the Dept of Ag guys screwing up now and then.

If you like the job Granholm is doing for Michigan, you'll love the job Obama will do for the U.S.

“The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.” Winston Churchill
Old 03-21-2008, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Yeah,...this is incorrect. Even those guys screw up now and again,...unless he just misunderstood your question.
The Right of Way certification (category 6) in a sense has nothing to do with solely commercial properties. What the Cat.6 cert. does, is allow you to spray on areas such as open parking lots, curblines, roadsides, and even technically (but ignored) included in this is the area of yards that is between the sidewalk and the street that is public domain.
As far as it being required to be a commercial applicator, simply isn't true. There are many applicators - and even companies that do not carry their Cat.6....(even though they REALLY should). Most just carry their 3A (Turfgrass) fewer carry their 3B (Ornamental, which allows you to do trees, ornamental, and bed areas). But there are even fewer than this that carry their Cat.6.
Exactly, in many states there is also grey areas concern the application of insect control up to stuctures.Apiary notification laws with on going colony collapse disorder ,county and state restrictions ,do to wildlife nesting. There are very few chemical that can be applied for non selective weed control on a residential,or commercial property.many people skirt again these issue ,until they get the wrong person on their case C.YOA . I stopped spraying a rocky area on a residential last because some stupid bird .No way in hell would I want to be called up on the carpet to face charges related The federal endangered species act , although I probably would never get caught.