Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-23-2008, 12:21 AM
LawnSite Member

Wright Stand On (fixed Deck)

Hey,
I own a great dane mower and love it. and am now thinking about buying a smaller model. due to bad service from great dane in my area (there is only one dealer) i plan on going with the 36" wright stand on mower. my only problem is it is a fixed deck. do you think it is a wise decision to purchase a stand on with a fixed deck or should i go with something else. please let me know.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am also considering a 48" Wright Stander, so any opinions would be highly appreciated. What is fair retail for this model?
Old 03-23-2008, 01:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The Wright is

the Stander; all other brands are stand ons...eheh

You can get a 36 RH, an adjustable cutting height Stander, or if you prefer the option of occasionally sitting, you can get the 36" Wright Sentar. Both great machines, but the fixed deck does, IMO, handle somewhat better.

The Wright is head and shoulders above the other brands, which are all basically Great Danes with mods.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Dont need to sit it is definately between the 48" stander or stander RH. Which is preferred? What is retail?
Old 03-23-2008, 08:55 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

All I run is fixed deck Wright Standers and love them!
Old 03-23-2008, 11:06 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

well

Quote:
Hey,
I own a great dane mower and love it. and am now thinking about buying a smaller model. due to bad service from great dane in my area (there is only one dealer) i plan on going with the 36" wright stand on mower. my only problem is it is a fixed deck. do you think it is a wise decision to purchase a stand on with a fixed deck or should i go with something else. please let me know.
If you love the great dane, but hate the service. See if you have a gravely dealer near you. Gravely now owns Dane is has the Pro Stance out under the Gravely name and paint. Same parts, different part numbers. Might get better service. Gravely has the Prostance 1934FX, 19hp elec start twin kawi with 34 inch deck. Real nice unit and got great reviews from Turf Magazine a few months back from what I read. I've run them and to say that Wright is head and shoulders above the other units is like saying coke is better then pepsi and chevy is better then ford. We could debate it all day.

Price is in the 5k area.

Good luck
Old 03-23-2008, 12:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

tallimeca

I agree I'd choose the Gravely version of the GD stand on *if* I were going with the GD stand on. I like the 34" Gravely deck.

The choice of mowers, however, is much more than a taste, Coke vs Pepsi thing. Handling and comfort, as well a cut, are the real life issues.

Many threads and opinions on this board express the same opinion as mine, the Wright is better on all these issues.