Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-23-2008, 12:58 AM
Brown's LC & L's Avatar
Brown's LC & L Brown's LC & L is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Webb City, MO
Posts: 30
help with pricing please

I'm curious about how the rest of you guys charge for your apps? Do you do X amount per 1,000, or product and labor? I'm bidding some residential and commercial and could use your help with this one. Thanks in advance for the help!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-23-2008, 07:54 AM
Brown's LC & L's Avatar
Brown's LC & L Brown's LC & L is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Webb City, MO
Posts: 30
In the past I would jsut do it for the cost of the bag and $5 or so, but now business is growing and I need a more uniform way to price it. Most of the people are going to have at least four treatments, two with a pre-emergent. I'm also considering spraying this year for broadleaf, problem is, I'm gonna be using a 5 gallon back pack sprayer. Thanks again for your help.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-23-2008, 08:30 AM
bj22 bj22 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ny
Posts: 69
Got to get at least double tha amount of a bag. Most my pricing now is triple a bag.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-23-2008, 08:32 AM
bj22 bj22 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ny
Posts: 69
Now that being said , you could have a minimum purchase price which will expand your bottom line if you use less than a bag on small properties.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-23-2008, 08:38 AM
JNyz JNyz is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Conshohocken, PA
Posts: 1,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown's LC & L View Post
In the past I would jsut do it for the cost of the bag and $5 or so, but now business is growing and I need a more uniform way to price it. Most of the people are going to have at least four treatments, two with a pre-emergent. I'm also considering spraying this year for broadleaf, problem is, I'm gonna be using a 5 gallon back pack sprayer. Thanks again for your help.
Let me get this right. If a bag cost 15.00 you would apply it for an additional 5.00 for a total of 20.00.??? If that is so you are insane. Your minimum should be 60.00 for 1 bag.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-23-2008, 08:44 AM
Eclipse Eclipse is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNyz View Post
Let me get this right. If a bag cost 15.00 you would apply it for an additional 5.00 for a total of 20.00.??? If that is so you are insane. Your minimum should be 60.00 for 1 bag.
Not around here. You would not have one property to fert if your pricing was this high.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-23-2008, 08:55 AM
mikesturf's Avatar
mikesturf mikesturf is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown's LC & L View Post
In the past I would jsut do it for the cost of the bag and $5 or so, but now business is growing and I need a more uniform way to price it. Most of the people are going to have at least four treatments, two with a pre-emergent. I'm also considering spraying this year for broadleaf, problem is, I'm gonna be using a 5 gallon back pack sprayer. Thanks again for your help.
What do you pay each year for your pesticide applicator's insurance. Surely making $5 per lawn can't cover it.
__________________
Obama is so bad, Kenyans are accusing him of being born in the USA.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-23-2008, 09:46 AM
mow2nd's Avatar
mow2nd mow2nd is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 603
$5.........That's crazy. I get around $7-$10 per thousand. My min is $50 so if you only have 4,000 sq ft ............oh well, gonna cost you $50.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-23-2008, 09:52 AM
Eclipse Eclipse is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by mow2nd View Post
$5.........That's crazy. I get around $7-$10 per thousand. My min is $50 so if you only have 4,000 sq ft ............oh well, gonna cost you $50.
Wow, maybe I need to start a fert and squirt company in another region.

Around here we are lucky to get much more than $125/app for an acre lot these days. It's rediculous.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-23-2008, 10:00 AM
mow2nd's Avatar
mow2nd mow2nd is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Wow, maybe I need to start a fert and squirt company in another region.

Around here we are lucky to get much more than $125/app for an acre lot these days. It's rediculous.

All my yards are less than 10,000. and I get between $50-$85 for most applications. More money in smaller yards.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:29 AM.

Page generated in 0.10253 seconds with 7 queries