Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-23-2008, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Member

Dramm sprayer

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the 20 gallon cart mounted Dramm gas powered sprayer. This year we have decided to incorporate a product called H3O moisture manager to our spring seedings. I have already sold more than 20 of these applications before I realized that my current equipment can't be used to spray it. This needs to be applied at 2.5 gallons of mixed product per 1000 sq ft. My current equipment can only apply 1 gal per 1000 sq ft with the addition of larger spray nozzles. There is not sufficient pump pressure to use any larger nozzles.

This sprayer will also be used for small tree and shrub applications as well. I do not want to get a large sprayer due to my trucks interior space already being just about maxed out and the fact that I don't really need one. This sprayer is listed at Gemplers.com for $1140.00 plus shipping. I have no experience whatsoever with skid mounted type sprayers and appreciate any tips or advice.

Thanks,
John
Old 03-23-2008, 11:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

a d-30 pump plus any size tank will put out 2..5 per k.
lesco has a 50 g size should be easy to find one online
Old 03-23-2008, 12:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive123 View Post
a d-30 pump plus any size tank will put out 2..5 per k.
lesco has a 50 g size should be easy to find one online
I did see the 50 gallon Lesco space saver and am giving it consideration. The thing that intrigued me about the Dramm was that it is mounted on a wheeled cart and only weighs about 95 lbs (empty). This would be easy to get in and out of the truck. Also, alot of my properties have large hard to access backyards. This looks to be easier than pulling a hose to the backyard from a unit mounted inside of the truck. Having never used this type of equipment I understand that I may be way off on my assumptions.

Thanks,
John
Old 03-23-2008, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

As a possible suggestion for space and a way to fill your need. Try a small 5 X 10 road ready trailer with a 50 gallon tank. I still have a 50 gallons tanks on a trailer from before I semi retired and sold my Nursery. I end up using it more than I plan too and I have two spray trucks.

Olive

D 30 is a little Big for a 50 gallon skid sprayer IMHO. I have a D 19 pump that put out great. It is now replaced by a newer model and I don't know the Model number off hand.

BTW I was in your town last week end. We sat in traffic for over an hour trying to get in the Hard Rock around Saturday Midnight and gave up. I plan to be back next month and try again.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

to get to the hard rock you need to be on the way by 6ish on weekends.
i hear that renegade is an awesome bbq joint and that there is a great mexican place there too. shoot me an email and ill give you some info
Old 03-23-2008, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive123 View Post
to get to the hard rock you need to be on the way by 6ish on weekends.
i hear that renegade is an awesome bbq joint and that there is a great mexican place there too. shoot me an email and ill give you some info
Olive

7ish I was still in Key Largo trying to eat dinner at the Fish House. BTW great food, they filleted the fish just before cooking and the fresh fish are kept in a Displace cooler right in the lobby. Next month I will be in your area in the middle of the week and will try the Hard Rock on a week night.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

If at all possible I would go with a skid unit too. A long hose is versatile even though it seems like it would be a pain to use. Plus once you have it you'll most likely find other uses for it. If you encounter steps or anything like that the cart sprayer is going to be a headache. Plus it looks that one is designed to roll on hard surfaces. Something like this http://www.birchmeier.com/Deutsch/Ga...ult.aspx?id=21 would at least handle uneven ground a little better.