Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-03-2008, 08:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goj View Post
Hey if anyone in Southern Ontario is looking to get rid of some accounts, residential or commercial, let me know cause I'm definitely lookin to get some new ones this season. I'll be out advertising this week hopefully, pounding the pavement dropping off flyers.
First you gotta tell us where you are!
ONTARIO ain't quite close enough com'on change it to your town!
Old 04-03-2008, 08:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
off-topic here, but what kinda hourly rate should a pesticide licenced employee make?
About $15 an hour with ticket and experience
Old 04-03-2008, 01:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

hay heather, you gettin your equipment ready to rock for this season, better be top notch if your gonna be sprayin my properties
Old 04-03-2008, 05:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantoo View Post
ff, I noticed a couple new ads in the local papers the last few weeks. This usually gets our regulars calling us making sure we are thinking of them. It's going to take awhile for the ground to dry up before we can start sweeping. Got a couple of calls for lawn rolling this week, another job my wife hates. Have a couple of sod repairs to do whenever it gets dry, snowblowers are always good for some work.
Ya I got some of those, mind you I'm the one that caused them so the pay ain't so good.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Saw my second company out today, we take care of townhouse complexes and next week will be mostly picking up sticks and blowing peoples front lawns (if they are dry) and the streets. Who else is starting soon?
Old 04-03-2008, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple L View Post
hay heather, you gettin your equipment ready to rock for this season, better be top notch if your gonna be sprayin my properties
Are you ready to rock and mow!!
Old 04-03-2008, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Member

We tried to get rid of a pile of masonry and bricks today with the bobcat, and it's funny because the pile's still frozen 6" in but the ground's a sloppy mess 18" away. Not really sure when to really start, since there's no more use in watching the Leafs play.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pristine PM View Post
Saw my second company out today, we take care of townhouse complexes and next week will be mostly picking up sticks and blowing peoples front lawns (if they are dry) and the streets. Who else is starting soon?
We started in earnest today I've got blisters to prove. I guess operating a plow controler doesn't give you calouses.
Some areas that are shaded still have frost or snow but all in all the cleanup is going good. No found money yet but we always find something so who knows.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

We have a couple of construction cleanups to do, hopefully tomorrow morning before the rain. A small tree to cut down and clean up ( note to self don't let wife price jobs for friends) should only take 1/2 hour. We're getting fert calls and a few spray calls but not giving any prices yet other than to remind people that the prices are going up. We do a couple of bigger properties and the price is gonna scare them. I see a few guys are getting their old lawn rollers out, we're thinking of selling our ride on unit. My wife hates using it she prefers the Steiner and roller behind it, faster and easier on the back. I wanna make a front mount unit but need to find the right roller steel first. Spring is coming.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather lawn sp View Post
Are you ready to rock and mow!!
O you betcha Fired up all the trimmers and was out rippin around on the new walker last week, just gotta giver a nice coat of wax and she's off to the races... Everythings workin like a charm except for my Bedshaper. You think I could get that 14HP Kawi going, not a chance I'll try a new plug and draining out the fuel this weekend, other then that, just gotta take the salt shaker of the truck and put the dumpinsert back on, Gonna wait another week for that one tho... just incase something crazy happens, I wouldnt mind seeing some freezing rain going on

Tags
suggestion