Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-23-2001, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Parts of the answer depends on your area. In some areas with larger properties, profits decrease when size increases. Focus on dollars per HR. If you get $50.00/HR doing smaller lawns(3-$20's plus drive time) then you wiould want to get the same or better doing larger ones. Most guys in my area are asking $35.00/acre. So to equal the smaller lawn prices, you would have to do apx. 1.25 of those per HR to get the same $$$. The only problem I see with that is if you have 4 days of rain and you get behind, which lawns are going to tie you up more, the 5,000 square foot ones, or the acre? What will you do with the tons of clippings? Double cutting an acre is a much bigger task than double cutting a 5,000.
Old 11-25-2001, 01:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

On that size properties the time saved will not be as much an issue as other things. Sitting on a HP will make your day easier and more enjoyable. You will be a little faster in open areas. But, you can get the ultra vac for leaf season that will allow you to get much more potential revenue. The price of the mulch kit for the HP cost me $150.