Register free!

Old 06-15-2009, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSguy View Post
What part of the state are you in Ric
OSguy

A buddy called me this morning with his results of the L & O test. He was afraid he had failed when I talked to him right after he took it, 2 weeks ago. He got it by the skin of his teeth with a 78 but he is still a CPO now. Back when the test scores were divided into Law and Horticulture and you needed to pass both parts, My Go to guy got a 98 on the Hort and a 74 on the law and failed. He never retook the test but consults for many Pest control companies and is well respected. He didn't study for the test.

I am on the Gulf Coast South West across the state from Vero Beach.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Is your company L&O only or do you do Maint also
Old 06-15-2009, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSguy View Post
Is your company L&O only or do you do Maint also
OS

I am full book but only activate L&O and GHP. I also have Aquatic, Road and Right away, Row crop, Grove, Animal etc etc. The Bureau of Compliance certs are very easy to get and don't cost to take the test at your local Extension service. I am semi retired and a one man band. I have given up my Irrigation and Commercial Landscape Contractor License. I don't even cut my own grass.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantic Lawn View Post
NC isn't all that tough at all. A lot of common sense questions.
I need to take the test in NC. Where can I go?
Old 06-15-2009, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Member

My local extension office has told me that if he can get 3 or more he might get someone out to monitor the test. I believe the study materials are available at the local extension office. If not enough people have interest in the tests then you have to go to the University of North Carolina to test. Study hard and you should be good to go. I went there years ago and got certified in pest control and passed the core and pest control first try. I am interested in doing the t and o so will be trying again. good luck
Old 06-15-2009, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanderbilt View Post
My local extension office has told me that if he can get 3 or more he might get someone out to monitor the test. I believe the study materials are available at the local extension office. If not enough people have interest in the tests then you have to go to the University of North Carolina to test. Study hard and you should be good to go. I went there years ago and got certified in pest control and passed the core and pest control first try. I am interested in doing the t and o so will be trying again. good luck
I'm tryin to bid on a bushhoging contract and you have to have the pest. lics. if you get the contract. Thanks for the info. If you like logging, a show starts at 10pm called swamp loggers. Supposed to be a guy from NC on the show.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Anybody know how the economy is affecting Certified Operator tests attendance, in Florida? I cannot believe what I heard last night: 50% to 75% down? I asked one guy that took the Lawn and Ornamental test in March; He got there 45 minutes late, and they had just finished calling names. Attendance has been high for a long time no? I always hear 200 to 300 people. Is this right? . . . . . . Somebody is pulling my leg.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device