Register free!

Old 03-25-2008, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

got our 1st nutcase today

Next door neighbor called in about five minutes ago. Says her dog is sick cuz we treated her next door neighbor's lawn this afternoon. Product: 31-3-8 30% SCU. Neighbor said she got home at 3:25 p.m. and let her dog out to sh&t on the lawn. Now it's 3 1/2 hours later, and her dog is sick. No pesticide was applied whatsoever. Jeeze.......we normally don't get these oddballs calling in until summer. This is WAY too early. Anybody else starting to get complaints already? p.s. anybody tired of slimy dog manure in lawns???

p.s. Wife/bookkeeper just got home........her words regarding this complainant are not allowable on this site.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
Next door neighbor called in about five minutes ago. Says her dog is sick cuz we treated her next door neighbor's lawn this afternoon. Product: 31-3-8 30% SCU. Neighbor said she got home at 3:25 p.m. and let her dog out to sh&t on the lawn. Now it's 3 1/2 hours later, and her dog is sick. No pesticide was applied whatsoever. Jeeze.......we normally don't get these oddballs calling in until summer. This is WAY too early. Anybody else starting to get complaints already? p.s. anybody tired of slimy dog manure in lawns???

p.s. Wife/bookkeeper just got home........her words regarding this complainant are not allowable on this site.
Im sure your client isn't too pleased her neighbours dog craps on her lawn. I once packaged my neighbours dog crap and left it at their front door after I pleaded with them for 6 months to control their dog-they weren't too pleased, but I'm sure they were happy to see me move after all that. Don't sweat it-the dog will get over it (whatever his problem is)
Old 03-25-2008, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Why are you using 31% N this time of year? (If you applied a late Fall fert and todays app I hope your also in the mowing business to make some serious $)

I dont want to sound like a jerk, but the only reason I would apply that much N is if I knew the lawn was neglected the last few years and I wanted a quik green up to impress the new client
Old 03-25-2008, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post

Does this guy live on the same street as the fence line round up nightmare?
1-Z-Spray Int
1-T-3000
1-Permagreen Mag
4-backpackmistblowers
1-Four Wheeler with 50ft air blast mist sprayer
1-F-250 4x4 supercab p/u
1-E-250 van w-enclosed trailer
1-E-150 van
2-landscape trailers
a ton of backpack sprayers
Old 03-25-2008, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

So how do you handle this type of situation....seems like it could spiral out of control?
Old 03-26-2008, 06:31 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbuckcavs View Post
Why are you using 31% N this time of year? (If you applied a late Fall fert and todays app I hope your also in the mowing business to make some serious $)

I dont want to sound like a jerk, but the only reason I would apply that much N is if I knew the lawn was neglected the last few years and I wanted a quik green up to impress the new client
good point, but...you don't know the rate at which it was applied (i.e. how much N/ 1000 ft)
Old 03-26-2008, 08:37 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:

I don't recall hearing what rate he put down. The higher % of N in the bag the further the bag goes. Thus bringing your cost per K Down.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:08 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:

He didn't say how much he put down just what he used. He might of applied it at one pound/M. That would be less than one third pound of N/M. The higher the N content generally the cheaper the N.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Call your customer explain that You are a Lic. Applicator and a professional and would never endanger any animal , only weeds. Let them deal with the neighbor.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:31 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Her dog might have already been sick and see doesn't have the money to take the dog to the vet and seen you as a liable source...Thought she could yell at you and you would feel sorry for her even though you had nothing to do with it and would pay for her dog to go to the vet.. I have encountered some of these people over the years