Register free!

Old 03-26-2008, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have attached a copy of a letter I am leaving behind after my first application and will also keep in my truck for those who question.

Take a copy of this roll it up like a flag and stick it in one of the landmines her dog has left for you and your customer and place it on her porch like someone here suggested.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Fertilizing with Kids and Pets.doc (78.0 KB, 109 views)
Old 03-26-2008, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

We're putting this fert down at 3 pounds per K. It's a 30% slow release. Sounds like overkill, but we start out with clay soil lawns which need more fert than loam soils. (TG is applying 1/2 pound of fast-release Urea on all lawns here -------no matter what soil type).

We will soon switch over to a pre + fert product (50% slow).

Hope this answers the above Q's. Best of luck to all, americanlawn
Old 03-26-2008, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Member

At least our customers have real reasons to complain. One of our applicators applying Hort Oil to hibiscus temp was 87 degrees at 2 in the afternoon. Talk about complete frying, not a leaf left on the plant the next day. Needless to say we lost that customer
Old 03-27-2008, 12:48 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
Next door neighbor called in about five minutes ago. Says her dog is sick cuz we treated her next door neighbor's lawn this afternoon. Product: 31-3-8 30% SCU. Neighbor said she got home at 3:25 p.m. and let her dog out to sh&t on the lawn. Now it's 3 1/2 hours later, and her dog is sick. No pesticide was applied whatsoever. Jeeze.......we normally don't get these oddballs calling in until summer. This is WAY too early. Anybody else starting to get complaints already? p.s. anybody tired of slimy dog manure in lawns???

p.s. Wife/bookkeeper just got home........her words regarding this complainant are not allowable on this site.
Take a pic of one of those turd piles, if the law suit word comes up tell her you slipped on one of those shites and hurt your back you would have to be put in the position of having to bring suit back against her.
1-Z-Spray Int
1-T-3000
1-Permagreen Mag
4-backpackmistblowers
1-Four Wheeler with 50ft air blast mist sprayer
1-F-250 4x4 supercab p/u
1-E-250 van w-enclosed trailer
1-E-150 van
2-landscape trailers
a ton of backpack sprayers
Old 03-27-2008, 12:52 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERT-TEK View Post
I have attached a copy of a letter I am leaving behind after my first application and will also keep in my truck for those who question.

Take a copy of this roll it up like a flag and stick it in one of the landmines her dog has left for you and your customer and place it on her porch like someone here suggested.
I dont know what happened but when i opened it there was a picture of a 500 pound naked fat lady licking a snow cone. LOL
just kidding she was 400 pounds, any way thanks for the letter
1-Z-Spray Int
1-T-3000
1-Permagreen Mag
4-backpackmistblowers
1-Four Wheeler with 50ft air blast mist sprayer
1-F-250 4x4 supercab p/u
1-E-250 van w-enclosed trailer
1-E-150 van
2-landscape trailers
a ton of backpack sprayers
Old 03-27-2008, 08:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

boss had a couple calls from business owners already this morning . They wanted to make sure we are gonna remove the snow . I was hoping it would meltafter the sun comes up .
Old 03-27-2008, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERT-TEK View Post

Nice letter for customers ---- especially if they have bad neighbors. Thanks!
Old 03-27-2008, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Member

isnt there a leash law there something about lettin ur dog run free there is here happend to me last yr went to court and didnt have to pay a thing because of that law
Old 03-27-2008, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

BocaChris -- I was in on the "ground floor" with ChemScape research back in the early 80's regarding the use of hort oils, so i know what you mean. (mostly with Dr. Bob Partika). We experimented with 2%, 3%, and 4% oils ---depending on the time of year and the type of plant. Sprayed for soft-shelled & hard-shelled scale. Pyracantha (lacebugs), holly, euonymus, etc. Spraying soft-leafed plants in the summer is a no no.

humble 1 -- I like your thoughts about slipping on dog manure.......there's probably a disease issue too?

naughty62...........today we saw sleet, hail, snow, rain, ice pellets (not necessarily in that order cuz today was something out of science fiction).
Old 03-27-2008, 07:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If I had that call, I would sympathize with them, insist they go to their vet......and get the Dr to put in writing that "lawn chems" caused this.

It won't happen.