Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-27-2008, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My fertilizer subcontractor uses PG, and swears by it, as do a lot of people I know do. Are you able to just spray instead of spread and spray? If someone wants an all liquid chemical program? I know on my accounts we use organic fertilizer with liquid weed killer, works great!

Adam
Old 03-28-2008, 07:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

From someone who has been there....you are eventually are going to need BOTH. You can do a lot with a PG, but there are some things you just cannot spray from it due to the low volume of water. For those situations you need a skid sprayer.

Your account list is currently small. Bite off the smaller piece now and get the skid. You then have the ability to either spray or spread anything necessary. With only 30 lawns, the extra time pulling hose versus riding right now is not a huge difference. If you had 300, much different story.

Look into getting the skid sprayer now. When you have enough accounts to really wear yourself out, look into the PG. That was the path I took. You can then use your skid sprayer as a nurse tank for the PG if necessary.

That said...if you are still thinking of buying a PG, I have a 2005 Magnum for sale with only 300 hours.

Good luck to you.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:32 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeWide View Post
From someone who has been there....you are eventually are going to need BOTH. You can do a lot with a PG, but there are some things you just cannot spray from it due to the low volume of water. For those situations you need a skid sprayer.

Your account list is currently small. Bite off the smaller piece now and get the skid. You then have the ability to either spray or spread anything necessary. With only 30 lawns, the extra time pulling hose versus riding right now is not a huge difference. If you had 300, much different story.

Look into getting the skid sprayer now. When you have enough accounts to really wear yourself out, look into the PG. That was the path I took. You can then use your skid sprayer as a nurse tank for the PG if necessary.

That said...if you are still thinking of buying a PG, I have a 2005 Magnum for sale with only 300 hours.

Good luck to you.
Very good advice.....

I must say though that I have never sprayed a lawn with a skid sprayer. I started with a 3 pt sprayer and within 2 months bought a PG.

This is my fourth year and I have gotten by great. I did make my own skid sparyer this year just so I would spray hills and such (actually is does a lot more then just that), but in the past I just used a back pack.

This is chincy and going cheap, but if you need a skid type sprayer for little jobs just make one. Easy to do. Tank, pump and hose. Or get a nice little "kit" from TSC.

Don't spend much on it, because you will use it very little!

I would still buy a PG and you can make a "skid type" sprayer for under $500.