Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-28-2008, 11:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mngrassguy View Post
I would try to resolve it with the offending LCO first, ag dept second. If they are reputable they will fix it.
if they have the time, manpower etc.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Start by hiring some of the 83,000 people who lost there jobs last week....
Old 03-28-2008, 03:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenN'Clean View Post
Start by hiring some of the 83,000 people who lost there jobs last week....
See, that is the issue. Most will not work for $7 per hour while the, hmmm, illegals do (great $$ for them)..90% of the 83K will find jobs...But the 83K you posted is compare to what # is the working force (or normal/avg working class).....

Again, up north the mentality is WAY different then down by the Mex border...I know, I lived it.

I am not saying you are wrong by any means; just I see more “illegal” apps doing a good job…why bother, nor car, even look...

Last edited by gsxr1100; 03-28-2008 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daysel View Post
So you can go blow the whistle on them? Why do you even care? Some of you guys need a freaking life and mind your own business.
Grow up.
Why the hell would you care if someone is not paying income tax? Let the irs figure it out. Income tax is not federal and is unconstitutional. The money doesn't even go to our government.
I can't believe some people.
Very well put.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daysel View Post
So you can go blow the whistle on them? Why do you even care? Some of you guys need a freaking life and mind your own business.
Grow up.
Why the hell would you care if someone is not paying income tax? Let the irs figure it out. Income tax is not federal and is unconstitutional. The money doesn't even go to our government.
Dude.... if they are illegal, and not paying income or sales taxes.... guess what? They are low balling legit businesses out of clients... and THAT's why I care.

Why don't you get a clue and realize that tax cheaters on one level or another are taking money out of YOUR pocket? Unless..... you are an ilegal operation, waving some flag of rebelitis. If I see you, or your ilk applying pesticides without a pesticde sticker on your truck in my territory in NY.... I get on the phone with my local LCO association... they call the DEC, and the cops are coming after your arse.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You tell em Whitey!!!
Old 03-28-2008, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey4 View Post
Dude.... if they are illegal, and not paying income or sales taxes.... guess what? They are low balling legit businesses out of clients... and THAT's why I care.

Why don't you get a clue and realize that tax cheaters on one level or another are taking money out of YOUR pocket? Unless..... you are an ilegal operation, waving some flag of rebelitis. If I see you, or your ilk applying pesticides without a pesticde sticker on your truck in my territory in NY.... I get on the phone with my local LCO association... they call the DEC, and the cops are coming after your arse.

Yup and do you think clients care! They CARE about the bottom line, aka $$$$$$. Again people in the north are a little different then southern people on this issue. This issue is a joke I feel. The old scare "tax" issue is a little old here. Please raise the bar here...

Lets see, law people are looking for rapist, stealers and illegal lawn apps people...give me a break....
Old 03-29-2008, 07:06 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, people in the north are much smarter than people in the south.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:20 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr1100 View Post
Yup and do you think clients care! They CARE about the bottom line, aka $$$$$$. Again people in the north are a little different then southern people on this issue. This issue is a joke I feel. The old scare "tax" issue is a little old here. Please raise the bar here...

Lets see, law people are looking for rapist, stealers and illegal lawn apps people...give me a break....
It cost me over $900 and about 70 hours of my time to get licensed in NY. I have to bill that overhead out. The illegal applicator doesn't. Yet, I have to price compete with them anyway. Being a small solo LCO, it makes a big difference in my prices. BTW, I also tell customers that THEY are breaking the law if they hire an illegal applicator, and are also subject to fines if they get caught. Now, maybe Mr Customer DOES care!
Old 03-29-2008, 07:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey4 View Post
It cost me over $900 and about 70 hours of my time to get licensed in NY. I have to bill that overhead out. The illegal applicator doesn't. Yet, I have to price compete with them anyway. Being a small solo LCO, it makes a big difference in my prices. BTW, I also tell customers that THEY are breaking the law if they hire an illegal applicator, and are also subject to fines if they get caught. Now, maybe Mr Customer DOES care!
customer doesnt care. they see prices and they 9/10 go with the lowest. if you are happy with the 1/10 you get from it and the extra money and time you are forced to give to the state while illegal guys clean up so be it, to each his own. i didnt make my first million in this industry by playing by the rules. i wont make my next million that way either.