Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-29-2008, 08:11 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnguyland View Post
Yeah, people in the north are much smarter than people in the south.

Well that is a dumb comment. I worked in the north and the south..All the same..

When you live 300 miles from Mexico, your thoughts on it are a little diff here.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:13 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Fescue View Post
customer doesnt care. they see prices and they 9/10 go with the lowest. if you are happy with the 1/10 you get from it and the extra money and time you are forced to give to the state while illegal guys clean up so be it, to each his own. i didnt make my first million in this industry by playing by the rules. i wont make my next million that way either.
I agree they do not care IF they even know. Then again as I stated above, people in my Texas hire illegals all the time for lawn moving, apps etc. Does Joe customer care someone spend $900/70 hour. Not there problem, you raise the price, they find another person to hire. Sad, but that is how it works....

It might not be right but it is the way the eco works down here.
For the low price, I did not pass on it. Not my problem

Last edited by gsxr1100; 03-29-2008 at 08:23 AM.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr1100 View Post
See, that is the issue. Most will not work for $7 per hour while the, hmmm, illegals do (great $$ for them)..90% of the 83K will find jobs...But the 83K you posted is compare to what # is the working force (or normal/avg working class).....

Again, up north the mentality is WAY different then down by the Mex border...I know, I lived it.

I am not saying you are wrong by any means; just I see more “illegal” apps doing a good job…why bother, nor car, even look...
Those illegals making 7 bucks and hour here and sending across the border to Mexico where it triples in value so thats why they work so hard.... Hell who wouldn't work there ass off if you could triple the money you make.

$7 an hr x 10 hr work day with not paying taxes = $70 x 5 for the entire week = $350 x 4 for the month = $1400 in American money... Now they send that $1400 back home to Mexico where it now is $4200 a month free and clear....
They are making more then some upper class American citizens and thats the reality of it...........

You make the illegals pay taxes and stop them from sending there money back home to Mexico and they wouldn't work the lousy $7 bucks an hour either....

The illegals are working here paying no taxes getting free health care and sending there money back home to Mexico where they will retire one day very wealthy.... All on this from making $7 an hour tax free from the good ol USA...

If you don't believe it then go to your nearest western union and see how many send there money back home. I know someone who works for a store that has western union and they said they are sending more money in one day then she can make in 5 years from her job.

Thats the reality of it so the next time you think that those illegals sure work hard for $7 bucks an hour stop and think about it and x that by 3 and they are making $21 an hour tax free. And just think about the ones who are making $10-$12 an hour tax free. there making $30-$36 an hour tax free x 50 hours a week and there bring in $1500 a week x 4 = $6,000 a month x 12 = $72,000 a yr.... If I could make that kinda money tax free,I shovel horse **** all day with my bare hands
Old 03-29-2008, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenN'Clean View Post
Those illegals making 7 bucks and hour here and sending across the border to Mexico where it triples in value so thats why they work so hard.... Hell who wouldn't work there ass off if you could triple the money you make.

$7 an hr x 10 hr work day with not paying taxes = $70 x 5 for the entire week = $350 x 4 for the month = $1400 in American money... Now they send that $1400 back home to Mexico where it now is $4200 a month free and clear....
They are making more then some upper class American citizens and thats the reality of it...........

You make the illegals pay taxes and stop them from sending there money back home to Mexico and they wouldn't work the lousy $7 bucks an hour either....

The illegals are working here paying no taxes getting free health care and sending there money back home to Mexico where they will retire one day very wealthy.... All on this from making $7 an hour tax free from the good ol USA...

If you don't believe it then go to your nearest western union and see how many send there money back home. I know someone who works for a store that has western union and they said they are sending more money in one day then she can make in 5 years from her job.

Thats the reality of it so the next time you think that those illegals sure work hard for $7 bucks an hour stop and think about it and x that by 3 and they are making $21 an hour tax free. And just think about the ones who are making $10-$12 an hour tax free. there making $30-$36 an hour tax free x 50 hours a week and there bring in $1500 a week x 4 = $6,000 a month x 12 = $72,000 a yr.... If I could make that kinda money tax free,I shovel horse **** all day with my bare hands
What you are missing is that you are like 1500 miles away and do not see it nor understand what would happen if you stopped it. But yup, they are sending it back home and that means what? Zero. They do jobs that most will not do or want.

Yup, they get free health care and we have been paying for it for YEARS..No different then people on the “system” in PA or anywhere in the USA. And that means what? Please come down to Texas and see how your mentality would work. Not saying you are wrong but things in the Lone Star state a very different then PA. I know what I see daily.

Also they work much longer then 10 hours here too. LOL

The scare tastics on the tax issue is getting very old, stated before along with the ohh health care. Big business do the same thing for millions. I would not shovel horse *** for that money.

If your friend is making that little in Western Union, they have issues then.. Also They would not be making $72K a year since taxes only reduce $$ by like 35%.

For the speed they also do it, they are well worth the $$$$ that not many want. Work in 105F+ temps all day and melt your brain...If you think you can do better...."come on down"...
Old 03-29-2008, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The only people on here I ever find that defends the illegals are the ones hiring them and making a profit off of them. They don't care that the money they are paying these illegals are not being put back into our own economy as long as they can make a buck off of them...... These are the reasons of high costs of insurance for American citizens... The illegals come here, have there anchor babies that the state pays for then they raise taxes and health insurance for legal Americans to foot the bill. Illegals go to the hospitals and get free health care and the state ends up paying the bill that eventually is added into things that raises the costs for the American citizens to foot the bill for illegals... All these guys complain about there high cost of insurance,taxes,liabilities etc, the cost goes up to pay for the expenses for all the illegals who are here.... Think about it who do you think pays for the bill of an illegal who has a baby here???? Not the illegal its all tax paying citizens.... So It is every American tax paying citizen's business to get involved and stop paying for illegals who come here and work and not pay taxes. Why should Americans pay taxes and illegals don't?
Old 03-29-2008, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Member

I do not make a profit or even own a company here. If they are illegal (people who mow laws, app etc), I do not care. Not my issue nor my problem. Health care is a lot more messed up then illegals are what drives the cost…<joke>

Listen, they are NO different then minority people on the system or white trash… Again the tax issue is getting old. So before illegal’s all was fine? Give me a break.

I personally know non-illegals that had free babies and I had to pay. Lets all blame it on GW Bush too. Joke.

I also know people working under the table and do I care? It is not greener on the other side!

I think illegals are driving the cost of diesel up too! <shacking head>

Is it right for then, nope but the gov KNOWS there is over 12 million here; hint they know.....

Last edited by gsxr1100; 03-29-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

This is gotten pretty heated BUT it seems different parts of the country have different takes on this. My opinion on some of the statements here in no particular order.

WHITEY-- I AGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY...turn em in.

The police dont monitor the licensing whether it be pesticide, home improvement or other. The DEC monitors and enforces pesticide laws. Consumer protection monitors the home improvement licensing, etc.

When you get run thru a DOT check point they have on site, DOT enforcement, local police, state police, DEC, IRS. Yes that is right all are represented, because they all have a stake in what you are driving down the road. Legal to carry chemicals, go see that DEC guy, running off road diesel on road, go see IRS guy, break away on the trailer not working see the local guy, no DOT numbers, well you get the idea.

THE CUSTOMER CARES, if they dont they are foolish. Ask the homeowner who was killed a few years ago by the UNLICENSED contractor who put an ILLEGAL on job. Yes it happened. Who is to say it wont again. I understand that a licensed contractor could have the same thing happen with a legal immigrant but the chances are much less likely.

$7.00 per HA,HA,HA ROFLMAO, they dont exist around here. Nor does the high school or college kid willing to do what we do. We are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Most companies around here require a tax id number in order to hire anyone.

Have to protect everyone, there are random checks to see if you have a home improvement license, DEC license, DOT numbers, all your guys have papers? They go to your office, pull you over on the road, stop while your on a job.

Not to get into a north south thing, I have lived in both places. Some places still think the civil war is actively being fought.

BUT come over here and see what we have to do and the hoops we jump thru and the money we pay, and then have an illegal or unlicensed contractor cut your price by 50% ??????.................

YOU WOULD TURN SOMEONE IN TOO.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf hokie View Post
This is gotten pretty heated BUT it seems different parts of the country have different takes on this. My opinion on some of the statements here in no particular order.

WHITEY-- I AGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY...turn em in.

The police dont monitor the licensing whether it be pesticide, home improvement or other. The DEC monitors and enforces pesticide laws. Consumer protection monitors the home improvement licensing, etc.

When you get run thru a DOT check point they have on site, DOT enforcement, local police, state police, DEC, IRS. Yes that is right all are represented, because they all have a stake in what you are driving down the road. Legal to carry chemicals, go see that DEC guy, running off road diesel on road, go see IRS guy, break away on the trailer not working see the local guy, no DOT numbers, well you get the idea.

THE CUSTOMER CARES, if they dont they are foolish. Ask the homeowner who was killed a few years ago by the UNLICENSED contractor who put an ILLEGAL on job. Yes it happened. Who is to say it wont again. I understand that a licensed contractor could have the same thing happen with a legal immigrant but the chances are much less likely.

$7.00 per HA,HA,HA ROFLMAO, they dont exist around here. Nor does the high school or college kid willing to do what we do. We are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Most companies around here require a tax id number in order to hire anyone.

Have to protect everyone, there are random checks to see if you have a home improvement license, DEC license, DOT numbers, all your guys have papers? They go to your office, pull you over on the road, stop while your on a job.

Not to get into a north south thing, I have lived in both places. Some places still think the civil war is actively being fought.

BUT come over here and see what we have to do and the hoops we jump thru and the money we pay, and then have an illegal or unlicensed contractor cut your price by 50% ??????.................

YOU WOULD TURN SOMEONE IN TOO.
Especially in NY like us.......
Old 03-29-2008, 01:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

actually i tend to get more jobs because i me and my employess are all local and the customer can talk to me and my employess without a problem. Customers love that! id turn someone in, but im not going to waste much time doing it. the more illegal ops i can get out of here the better. areas prices will go up also.

My off site picture album HERE
Old 03-29-2008, 02:15 PM
LawnSite Member

wow, hard to comprehend that "professionals" think the way some of you do?

my neighbor beats his wife every freakin night.....so I just turn up the volume on my TV so I dont hear her screams?

my other neighbor just robbed the bank up the street....but it isnt the branch that I keep my money in so I dont care?

I just saw a hit and run where an SUV was traveling at a high speed and killed a 13 year old as he was crossin the street....so I just closed the shades of my windows?

some old guy collapsed to the floor at the Mall...so every one just stepped over him?

God help us