Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-31-2008, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daysel View Post
So you can go blow the whistle on them? Why do you even care? Some of you guys need a freaking life and mind your own business.
Grow up.
Why the hell would you care if someone is not paying income tax? Let the irs figure it out. Income tax is not federal and is unconstitutional. The money doesn't even go to our government.
I can't believe some people.
I agree off target and not lic is one thing who cares about who he pays
1-Z-Spray Int
1-T-3000
1-Permagreen Mag
4-backpackmistblowers
1-Four Wheeler with 50ft air blast mist sprayer
1-F-250 4x4 supercab p/u
1-E-250 van w-enclosed trailer
1-E-150 van
2-landscape trailers
a ton of backpack sprayers
Old 03-31-2008, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Unlicensed companies, illegal workers and any other practice that places a legitimate business in a non-competitive posture is completely detrimental. It's impossible to compete with those companies that don't play by the same rules that the majority of us have to comply with. If your company has never lost a job to one of these companies don't say you don't or won't turn them in. The day you lose money will be your wake-up call. At least it should be. If a competing company has an advantage that is illegal you owe to yourself and your business to stop that advantage. I have done it and will do it again. As far as the original post goes. An off target application is a violation. If the homeowner or is property was damaged in anyway he has every right to seek recourse.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Going at midnight. 6" on deck, 2" on drive. Put my blade on so it should stop soon. Put sled away on Sat. that's why it's snowing. Murphy's Law
Old 03-31-2008, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry about hijacking
Old 03-31-2008, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Member

You know we or our ancestors were all immigrants here looking for the same things that todays "illegals" are. A chance to work hard to make a better life for yourselves and your kids. What ever happened to "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free" (inscribed on the Statue of Liberty.) My grandparents were born here but my Great grandparents weren't. Who are we to say who deserves a chance to work hard and succeed.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedealer View Post
You know we or our ancestors were all immigrants here looking for the same things that todays "illegals" are. A chance to work hard to make a better life for yourselves and your kids. What ever happened to "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free" (inscribed on the Statue of Liberty.) My grandparents were born here but my Great grandparents weren't. Who are we to say who deserves a chance to work hard and succeed.
You miss the point.... your ancestors were legal. They struggled, worked hard and PAID TAXES. They are illegals because they don't PAY TAXES. But, they get food stamps, and all sorts of other govt monies that YOUR ancestors (and mine) did not get. These people COULD get green cards... but they don't want to, as they would have to PAY TAXES.

I welcome them with open arms, IF they are wanting to be legal immagrants... but they don't want to be legal immigrants. I ask, WHO are THEY to make my company less profitable while paying no taxes, getting free medical benefits and food stamps?
Old 04-01-2008, 06:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey4 View Post
You miss the point.... your ancestors were legal. They struggled, worked hard and PAID TAXES. They are illegals because they don't PAY TAXES. But, they get food stamps, and all sorts of other govt monies that YOUR ancestors (and mine) did not get. These people COULD get green cards... but they don't want to, as they would have to PAY TAXES.

I welcome them with open arms, IF they are wanting to be legal immagrants... but they don't want to be legal immigrants. I ask, WHO are THEY to make my company less profitable while paying no taxes, getting free medical benefits and food stamps?
Yawn, how many times are you going to state the tax deal along with heatlth (like day 4 for ya). ---yawn------WHO CARES! Lets deport all the 12,000,000 illegals, our gov knows about, and our taxes will be lower or null. Plus you do not even need a SS to open some check accts...

You still fail to realize that there are non-illegalís that do 100% what you posted...

Those crazy new yorks whine whine whine..

Then again if someone wants to melt their brain in the Texas sun for $20 an hour or $5, have at it! Problem I see is this issue will NEVER stop. You can't.

Last edited by gsxr1100; 04-01-2008 at 06:35 AM.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:39 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedealer View Post
And all of these people sought out to learn the english language, they because a legal citizen paid there debt to become a citizen, paid taxes,schooling,health care etc... The illegals here want to stay illegally. They don't want to be here legally or they would pursued the way toward citizenship. But they don't want to do that because it will take away all there freebies they get while being here illegally. If any of you break the law what happens to you? You get arrested pay hefty fines etc.. There was an illegal driving drunk a few months ago hit an oncoming car head on killing 2 young college students. The illegal had no license no insurance had drugs on him and was held in jail until he was deported free of charge while the families loss there children are stuck with higher insurance costs funeral expenses while this pr!ck was sent back home so he can cross back into our country to do it all again..... Now if that was a legal citizen he would have been charged and served 5-10 years in jail..
Old 04-01-2008, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr1100 View Post
Yawn, how many times are you going to state the tax deal along with heatlth (like day 4 for ya). ---yawn------WHO CARES! Lets deport all the 12,000,000 illegals, our gov knows about, and our taxes will be lower or null. Plus you do not even need a SS to open some check accts...

You still fail to realize that there are non-illegalís that do 100% what you posted...

Those crazy new yorks whine whine whine..

Then again if someone wants to melt their brain in the Texas sun for $20 an hour or $5, have at it! Problem I see is this issue will NEVER stop. You can't.
It can stop very easily if the govt would do there job and go after every employer that hires illegals. Put a stop to giving them jobs and the illegals will stop coming here.

I don't know what bank you deal with but there isn't a bank one I've went to that doesn't ask for a photo ID and your SS# to open up an account here. Personal or Business accounts. You can deposit a million or one dollar and they still want your SS# so they can keep track of you.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I like how some people don't think that anything can change. I hope we can do something about the illegals. Part of me feels bad for many of them, legal or not. Because they just don't know. Cant blame a dog for being a dog. I talked to one legal el salvadorian whose been here at least 15 yrs and he was complaining about how the gov't takes taxes. In his country, there was probably corruption and little education, road care, police and fire/rescue, and they don't really pay taxes or know what happens to the money when they pay them. He looked at me wierd when i told him our taxes pay for police, new roads, his 4 kids education. I asked if he ever paid a school bill? No. Then do you think teachers teach for free? Then who pays them? We all do. Legal immigranst hate illegals more than those of us here all our lives. But illegals either gotta get legal or go.