Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-27-2008, 03:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Pro Line trailers

Hey guys anyone have experience with pro line trailers? The pricing is great on an enclosed trailer with racks inside. Just want to know the quality of the thing if anyone has one??

http://www.pro-lineperformance.com/

Let me know what you think. Trailers are 16" oc 6" tripple tube tounge, 7k gvw. I am looking at an 8.5x20'
Old 02-15-2011, 12:19 PM
LawnSite Member

hello,
I know it is an older post.But did you end up buying a trailer from pro-line and how is it holding up.I am looking for an enclosed and their prices seem pretty competitive.
mark
Echo and stihl handhelds
Old 02-16-2011, 06:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes, I did end up buying one. The quality is so-so. I bought an 8.5x20' and the trailer isnt bad for the money. Next time now that I know a few things from experience I will order things differently and most def spend my money on another brand. Heres some things I noticed:

-Spend money on the bigger axles (dont cheap out on 3500lb axles, get the bigger ones)
-Go for radial tires, they last ALOT longer!
-Have e-track or some other cargo and mounting system installed its a lot easier to organize things and keep the equipment from moving around.
- Make sure you get the extended tounge if your gonna tow with anything other than a pickup.
- Pro-line is a few bucks cheaper when you figure in delivery but when compared to other brand name trailers the quality just isnt there. I have had screws come loose on the aluminum siding and floors and it wont take a now load worth a damn. I have had to shovel mine off 3 times this year!

Just my .02 let me know if theres anything else i can help with!
Old 02-16-2011, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

If you put all the good stuff they have for it they good
Old 02-16-2011, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

We bought a 24ft enclosed V nose and its going on its 3rd season with minimal issues. You cant beat the price, a comparable trailer locally was around 7k! We paid 4900.00 and it came with radial tires, a spare, all on aluminum rims, extra vent, 10,400lb gvw, extra wide side door, LED lights. The quality seems to be up to pare, they're all tin boxes imo. We had to drive 14hrs to get the price we did but it all worked out. Our trailer before this one was a US Cargo and we had issues with screws backing out, wood peeling up etc. The only issues we've had is a missing vent handle, the floor is getting weak (where we park a rider), and I wish they would use a better quality jack. Our GatorMade trailer's jack can be cranked with very little effort even with our skid steer on it. That's about it, in fact we're looking to buy a 30ft vending trailer from them.

On our own as of 2003. Proud to be a full time, legitimate company.

Equipment we use:
Ford trucks
Pro Line and GatorMade trailer's
Gravely, Exmark, Honda and Snapper mower's
Echo trimmer's and blower's
LittleWonder equipment
BillyGoat equipment
New Holland and Dresser loader's (snow removal)
Fisher snow plow's
DownEaster and Fisher salt spreader's
TurboTurf fertilizer tank

http://jandblawncare.net