Register free!

Old 03-28-2008, 05:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

that sucks for you guys weather down here in south florida is low 80's sunny..real nice beach weather with a bud lite
Old 03-28-2008, 05:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Yeah,....ok. Come here to Michigan. And tell me that it never switches over. I don't care WHAT kind of degrees you brag that you have...anyone here in Michigan will tell you that it does the same thing.
P.S. Telling people they don't know what they're talking about is not a very good etiquette to use among a forum of professionals. What you think you know about meteorology, you obviously lack in communication skills.
and THEY dont know either. look you are very ignorant on the subject. thats not an insult its just reality. why get all defensive? you could just thank me and take it as a learnin experience.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

They may not "know", but I bet they have seen it first hand just like I have. No one is going to tell me what I have seen and experienced with my own eyes. I am in a place that can be sunny and warm, and the temps can drop 30 degree in 4 hours and freeze and snow. Also, we can have thunder and lightning all the while it is snowing (had it both in December and January....now, you talk about two different types of fronts,...that's about as weird as it gets, here.
Anyway,...it's not worth arguing. I don't mean to be defensive, but sometimes, it's the way things are worded. To tell people "they obviously don't know what they're talking about" is about as uncouth as it gets. I don't doubt that they may be different types of patterns or fronts,....but I can say that there are things that aren't complete impossibilities (take for instance thunder and lighting while it is snowing) - especially here in Michigan. I can also tell you that we have, without a doubt, witnessed the hail and freezing rain thing.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The south half of Iowa has lucked out compared to alot of northern states lately, but yesterday it either rained, sleeted, snowed, and hailed all day long..... even quite a bit of thunder snow This morning we still had 1/2 inch hailstones in shade areas. On hour SE of us had over one inch hail. You can check out kcci.com to verify this.

I talked to a Scotts tech today -- they were just doing estimates today cuz all their routes scheduled for today were snow covered. 2 - 3 inches on lawns this morning in easten suburbs of Des Moines. I sent all our trucks to the southwestern areas today, and they got a full day's production in, so we lucked out.

More rain coming Sun/Mon, so you guys NE of here will get it too. That's IF the meteorologists are accurate.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Member

hey american, i ran into one of your guys in waukee last week. you must be doing good to let your employees let their trucks run while push spreading a lawn. i mean with the high gas prices and all. i wish i could afford to let my truck sit and idle while i do an application.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:51 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Fescue View Post
and THEY dont know either. look you are very ignorant on the subject. thats not an insult its just reality. why get all defensive? you could just thank me and take it as a learnin experience.
Dude, you're a loser. What on earth does it matter? This thread was a lament about not being able to work, and then you: Captain Anal-Retentive start dissecting a comment that was made which, whether accurate or not, held no bearing on the validity/meaning of the original issue at hand.

Get a life.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Also, we can have thunder and lightning all the while it is snowing (had it both in December and January....now, you talk about two different types of fronts,...that's about as weird as it gets, here.
We had some "Thunder Snow" here last week. No matter how many times I see it, it's still weird