Register free!

Old 03-31-2008, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBlooms View Post
Hey everyone

I know what kind of response I am going to get from some people but I have a real hard time with the search on this site, it sends me to all sorts of threads I have no use for, so it is a simply question to ask.

I am wondering about grub control, I have one customer who has asked for it, because he knows he has a problem with it. I have never made such an app. before and yes I am licensed and certified. I know Merit is a good product are there any other options out there I should consider? Do you prefer to apply it seperate from a fert app? Do you use a combo product with fert and merit or just the straight merit?

How much do you charge for the app if it is a standalone app?

A single bag of merit will cost me $70 for 30LB and will cover about 18,000 sq. ft. in the middle of the high and low rate.

If it was a standalone app I think I would charge between $135-$175 for an 18,000 foot lawn. If I was able to just apply the product after a fert app (same day) I think I would charge $110?

Is this about right?

What about a mixed product of fert and grub control, to avoid having to apply the fert and then the grub control?
that price seems real high. I am using alectus and i double for my application rate for the yard.
1-Z-Spray Int
1-T-3000
1-Permagreen Mag
4-backpackmistblowers
1-Four Wheeler with 50ft air blast mist sprayer
1-F-250 4x4 supercab p/u
1-E-250 van w-enclosed trailer
1-E-150 van
2-landscape trailers
a ton of backpack sprayers
Old 04-01-2008, 12:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not a big fan of saying what I'm paying for this or that but straight merit 0-0-7 shouldn't be much more than 65.00 an acre. 5g or bandit/touchstone I can't see paying more than 70.00 an acre and Allectus .225 0-0-7 really should be around 65/acre
merit 0-0-7 150#/acre
Allectus .225 0-0-7 160#/acre
Bandit 5g 60# acre
I can see paying a little more for guys that are using less than 22/ton per round but anyone over 22 ton/round should at the very least be pretty close to these numbers or cheaper. It's just the fact that the true reality is Bayer for example along with the true generics are paying a couple bucks a bag to produce this product. Just to clarify the products I named are all Bayer Tech materials and will still be backed by Bayer, the true generics will not be.