Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-30-2008, 02:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

ztr mower choke cable

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to grease the choke cable to make it easier to pull in an out... Thanks Ryan
1996 Isuzu NPR Landscape body (NEW!)
Ford F:350 Crew Cab 4x4
2003 Chevy 1500 HD 6.0L
2001 1500 Chevy Silverado ext. cab
2006 7x16 Lark Enclosed Trail
2002 6x12 Horton hauler
1998 7x22 Open Tailer
2006 6x12 Down To Earth ( LESCO SPRAYER)
2007 Hustler super z 25 Kaw.
2006 Yazoo mid max 52" 21 kaw.
2005 Exmark 44" 18 Khol
2004 Toro Proline walkbind
All ECHO string trimmers and edgers 3 of each
Stihl Back Pack Blower 2 of each
Old 03-30-2008, 02:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Believe it or not, thee are tools for this. One, the older type, is a long injector needle for feeding oil down into the cable. That has more or less been replaced by this way cool little gadget that is a small cube shape. It clamps down over the end of the cable, and oil is squirted or fed down into a small inlet hole at the top and on the side. This device prohibits oil from coming back up and coming out the top of the cable.
My best friend just bought one, and showed me how it works. I told him that was pretty cool, and when I asked him where he got it, he replied "Screw off...I'm not giving away ALL my secrets."
I'm quite sure these are available in auto stores or some tool stores. Motor cycle shops may carry them as well. I'll find out where he got his. I never re-asked, because we got into different conversation. He was obviously just joking around as he always does.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Believe it or not, thee are tools for this. One, the older type, is a long injector needle for feeding oil down into the cable. That has more or less been replaced by this way cool little gadget that is a small cube shape. It clamps down over the end of the cable, and oil is squirted or fed down into a small inlet hole at the top and on the side. This device prohibits oil from coming back up and coming out the top of the cable.
My best friend just bought one, and showed me how it works. I told him that was pretty cool, and when I asked him where he got it, he replied "Screw off...I'm not giving away ALL my secrets."
I'm quite sure these are available in auto stores or some tool stores. Motor cycle shops may carry them as well. I'll find out where he got his. I never re-asked, because we got into different conversation. He was obviously just joking around as he always does.

Here it is.
http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup...9-DFD1B2C29D81

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I use one like this...

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...FRciFQodHkNuQQ