Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-01-2008, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Pricing on Snapshot/Preen

I am wondering if anybody would be willing to share their pricing structure for Preen, Snapshot, or whatever pre-emergent you may use in beds.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tscape View Post
I am wondering if anybody would be willing to share their pricing structure for Preen, Snapshot, or whatever pre-emergent you may use in beds.

would if i knew what it was.

dude. this is a lawn care site. why you posting about beds?
Old 04-02-2008, 01:03 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bribrius View Post
would if i knew what it was.

dude. this is a lawn care site. why you posting about beds?
This is actually a pesticide, herbicide and fertilizer forum and the question is well within the boundaries of topics discussed here.

As far as pricing, usually we try to get around 10.00 per 1000 sq ft with a minimum of 55.00 per service. Also, we clearly state that we will not manually pull weeds from beds if there is break through. We will lessen the amounts of weeds but it is impossible to eliminate totally. Personally, I try to avoid selling these services.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:36 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Are you talking about a standalone service?? Or as an add-on to existing services?

I do full service commercial accounts, mowing, trimming, fertilizing, chemical apps, etc.

When I price out my accounts, I take the entire sq ft of the property, and then only deduct sq ft for the buildings.

I'm responsible for weeds on the entire property, and so I've broke it down to an "average" cost per 1000 to cover it all, whether it's spot spraying cracks in parking lots, taking care of broadleafs, or using Snapshot in the beds.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:16 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I use Casoron G....except for around annuals & perennials...(where I do use other products.)
And the pricing I pay for this is beyond even that of even Snapshot...just about $100 / bag now...even for skid quantities.

But I absolutely never have breakthroughs....never.
For those of you out there struggling with Canada thistle 'growing thru' your plantings....Casoron G's what you need !

The only thing you have to do is 'think like a raindrop' and watch where you apply it so it doesn't roll downhill into turf.

In fact, Lesco sells a nice little shaker bottle, with a paddle that disperses the pre-emergent, to better target smaller areas, that used to be called the "Casoron spreader", that is now called the "Spread-Rite G".
Old 04-02-2008, 02:44 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I use Gallery+ Surflan or Barricade, or Ronstar Flo. My fee structure starts at $60 per M and $15 per additional M. I do not encourage one-time applications because here herbicides need to be applied 3 times per year. Most of my preemergent applications are done on properties that are on a full maintenance program which starts at $150 per M, with price adjusted up or down dependent on the needs of the individual landscape
Old 04-02-2008, 09:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

We apply snapshot when we do our spring cleanups so we are already on the site and we charge $165 per full bag. Simply explained we pay $95 for the bag (which we mark up to $118 and then we prorate the price to the amount needed, but basically we charge no less than 1/2 bag increments) and we charge an application fee of $20-30 depending on how much of a bag we use. So the cheapest app would be about $80 for a half bag or less.

If it was a standalone preemergent application it would be $200 for a full bag.

We do landscape design, plants sales and delivery, full season landscape maintenance, mulch applications, edging installation, landscape bed installation, one time landscape renovations, spring and fall cleanups, and lawn maintenance division including mowing, fertility/weed control programs, and agronomics services.

Mike and Loriena Harrington

http://www.beautifulbloomslandscape.com
Old 04-02-2008, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Oh and we will only use preen on beds that we construct no earlier than June, because it doesnt last as long as snapshot. Thats why its so much cheaper, you pay for what you get.

We do landscape design, plants sales and delivery, full season landscape maintenance, mulch applications, edging installation, landscape bed installation, one time landscape renovations, spring and fall cleanups, and lawn maintenance division including mowing, fertility/weed control programs, and agronomics services.

Mike and Loriena Harrington

http://www.beautifulbloomslandscape.com
Old 04-02-2008, 09:51 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Snapshot, if it is coupled with a regular treatment, we charge $20/k with a $30 minimum. If we need to make a separate trip it is a $45 minimum.

Forgot to add, be sure to blow off curbing, stepping stones and light colored landscape rocks, as Snapshot will stain.

"No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle
Old 04-03-2008, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I price mine per hour. I hate measuring beds and it's just easier to "eyeball" it. I try to get $75-$100 an hour for either granular pre-emergents or Roundup/Surflan. I use Snapshot as a general rule and Treflan for annual beds using the shaker from Lesco. I have heard great things about Casaron and am going to try some this year. I have also heard good things about ROUT by Scott's. Anyone else familiar with this? The label says it's got oryzalin (surflan) and oxyfloufen, but I'm not familiar with that a.i.. Am loooking for some feedback if anyone is willing to share. Sorry Mike, don't mean to steal your thread.
Member Mich. Turfgrass Foundation (MTF)