Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-28-2009, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNSLighting View Post
My god man, This is so off its not even funny. You must be looking at old company trucks or something! Not one of my fords was anywhere close to cheaply built. They all were much stouter than the GM and dodges ive owned. Stop spreading these bad lies. Fords are superbly built trucks, as well as dodge, and some GM's. people wouldnt keep buying these trucks if they were like you described. Now just stop.
Well, I must have been looking at a bunch of optical illusions. For your information, I was looking at new trucks. The used trucks were 07's. Also, I know that I haven't imagined my Dodge being a lot nicer than my Ford for almost 6 years now-I either need to lay off the cat nip or give you some!!!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pclawncare View Post
I dont understand people that want a diesel but are conserned about it being super fast. I mean if you want a race car buy one. I have a 12v and drive it daily. It pulls what i need it to and get 20+ mpg highway. If i wanted to do a quarter mile in 10 seconds id buy a hot rod but i want a truck to work so i got a work truck. You can tear a truck up so fast you can even see straight trying to make it a hot rod. Example 2007 chevy duramax 1 ton 4 door it has a chip and exhaust its at 40000mi on its third ALLISON tranny. I dont know how much an allison is but i am pretty sure they are very proud of them. It jus blows my mind why people want a 7000+ pound truck and expect it to go a quarter mile in 10 seconds and if it does not then they come on the internet and start ragging on them about their truck is too slow blah blah blah. In my opinon get a soild 12 or 24v cummins auto or manual take care of it and dont tear it up or abuse it and it will take care of you for a long time.

Only in a modern pre-emission diesel 7,000 GVWR truck can you. 1.) drive the diesel truck to the track while getting 18 mpg. 2.) swap out your radial tires for drag radials, stage against a Ford Mustang and run low 10's 3.) then look at a humbled beat Mustang owner, and drive the diesel truck home. 4.) the next morning hook the diesel truck up to a trailer for work

All that is done with ZERO internal Cummins engine modifications

Diesels are muscle cars for the working man, nice tax write off too
Old 01-28-2009, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybravo8802 View Post
Well, I must have been looking at a bunch of optical illusions. For your information, I was looking at new trucks. The used trucks were 07's. Also, I know that I haven't imagined my Dodge being a lot nicer than my Ford for almost 6 years now-I either need to lay off the cat nip or give you some!!!
I never said your dodge wasnt nicer than your Ford. Thats YOUR opinion. But saying every new ford truck is built like crap is BS! Cuz theyre not. So just stop. Youre spreading bad info. Im done with you. Thats like saying the Cummins is the worst diesel on the market.

Always a lesson, never a failure.

www.meangreenlawncare.com
Old 01-28-2009, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
I never said your dodge wasnt nicer than your Ford. Thats YOUR opinion. But saying every new ford truck is built like crap is BS! Cuz theyre not. So just stop. Youre spreading bad info. Im done with you. Thats like saying the Cummins is the worst diesel on the market.
Yea, I think you're done period!!! You must not be very good at readingIf you read what I wrote, I was stating purely facts about my F250(I think I know my own truck a little better than you, even though you do seem to know everything else) Put a magnet on the hood of a Ford-it's aluminum....Shut the doors on a Ford-they sound hollow compared to others. I didn't say ford's were a POS(You did-I thought you liked Fords?). Quit putting words in my mouth.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yeh thats exactly what i said... Im not goin to argue anymore. People like you are what give things bad names.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

lets break it up now TXN & JBRAVO
Old 01-29-2009, 12:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosparkplugs View Post
Only in a modern pre-emission diesel 7,000 GVWR truck can you. 1.) drive the diesel truck to the track while getting 18 mpg. 2.) swap out your radial tires for drag radials, stage against a Ford Mustang and run low 10's 3.) then look at a humbled beat Mustang owner, and drive the diesel truck home. 4.) the next morning hook the diesel truck up to a trailer for work

All that is done with ZERO internal Cummins engine modifications

Diesels are muscle cars for the working man, nice tax write off too
That might work for 2 or 3 weekends but on the 4th week what are you going to do when you hook up to the trailer the motor just revs cuz the tranny is trashed? These trucks simply cant handle the power these engines are capable of putting out. I cant believe people have the money or sence to blow up a $50K truck just for fun but more power to them.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:13 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pclawncare View Post
That might work for 2 or 3 weekends but on the 4th week what are you going to do when you hook up to the trailer the motor just revs cuz the tranny is trashed? These trucks simply cant handle the power these engines are capable of putting out. I cant believe people have the money or sence to blow up a $50K truck just for fun but more power to them.
That is true, four years ago on the 4th run you would be broke. Now with triple clutch/disk billet torque converters, hardened input & output shafts their bulletproof up to 1,850 lb/ft. We can thank the hardcore diesel nuts; because of their/our pain we have better towing transmissions. Check out this link were I get my parts

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/do...FQ2dnAodkG_xVA
Old 01-29-2009, 12:17 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

You can make an auto handle 750 hp+ for pretty cheap nowadays! They are great quality to. If i was going to keep my Dmax thats what id do.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:28 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
You can make an auto handle 750 hp+ for pretty cheap nowadays! They are great quality to. If i was going to keep my Dmax thats what id do.

I like to Auto's, but I popped a chubber when I test drove that 4500 Dodge Chassis quad cab with the manual 6 speed G56 tranny the L granny first gear was crazy. I am working hard to swing this 4500 truck deal before their price's go back-up