Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-11-2008, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Anyone using Alocet or Lawn monkey software

Anyone out there still using this software. I know its pricey for most I see on here. I still am using it but I am currently not renewing their keep me current plan. Want to work out a deal with someone who is to purchase tech support minutes. By the way this software is perfect, I love it and it is complete from top to bottom..
Old 04-12-2008, 08:12 AM
LawnSite Member

We use it and like it. We have been using it since 02. We have never used the keep me current rip off plan, when we purchased that wasn't the way tech support worked. Their keep me current rip off is the worst part of the soft ware.

You can replace a grippy customer easier than you can replace a good employee !
Old 04-12-2008, 01:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Yeah I have had it since 02 and had a very heated disagreement with them regarding their keep me current plan. I was adament about the fact that when I purchased the software the renewal was not a part of purchasing it. Now basically it is a lease. If I had wanted a lease I would have searched elsewhere I too am extremely happy with the software. I just sucks when you have a glitch and theres no chance for tech support. By the way I have an add on module or program that regenerates the dates of every customer, in case your dates begin to misalign due to constant rescheduling, this progran they sent e open each client and clicks the "generate dates" button to regenerate all of them in only a few moments. It has been very useful to me. Let me know if you have any need for it.
Leo
Old 04-12-2008, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Member

We try to make at least two backups per day, then if you have too big of problem you can delete and start over with a good backup. We have the routing and bar code add ons. If you need any thing let me know be glad to try to help.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We have used LM since 2001. I don't ***** about the KMCP for $295/yr. It's not any different than what you need for quickbooks updates, etc. Their support is terrific. I have not had many issues. We have approximately 325 active clients and have their deluxe program as we offer fert as well as maint. We also use the link to send all invoices to quickbooks. Their qxpress program will run over top of quickbooks. They are much more reasonably priced than some others and years ago were actually a LS sponsor.

We did have our system go down once, had to get it re-done, and w/ teir help & our back-ups were back up & running in no time.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Turf dude, the problem with the keep current plan is the fact that they wanted to force that on us AFTER we purchased the program. That was not how tech support was when we purchased the program. They changed the rules AFTER the sale. They po'd a lot of customers with that move.

I have NO problem payin for support as needed. that is how it was when we bought it. Now they want to treat it like it is a lease program.

Another thing is they call it keep me current, they havent had an upgrade available for years! So what is there to keep current about ??

Better name for it is keep me payin for somethin I purchased out right !!

Old 04-13-2008, 02:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Yeah the 295 isntthe issue. Well at this point its 8-900 since I didnt renew every year. I dont see how anyone would find it reasonable to say that after purchasing a $1000.00 program and then years later you get a .. " Well im sorry but no matter what if you want to call us its gonna cost you 300 bucks" There is a grey area where the programing itself may go bad or original glitches that were in the software, the company should remain felxible enough to say if something like that happens you can call them. Now you try to call and ask a question about even if the software is capable of doing something and you get the kmcp. So you have to pretend your an interested customer in their new product to ask a simple question like "does the program group accounts" just for example.. Its really not the money so much as the principle. Most who originally purchased the product over gopher or clip, etc were financially at the level to afford the pay per tech support or the new kmcp. I too have the delux program, but you see another hitch is I would like to get the emailer but, you cant get any support on the emailer unless your current. So im out of their market. The emailer will cost me 1100 by the time I go current then pay for the additional add on. You are right it is more reasonably priced than others. I would have origianlly been better off getting the lease instead of the upfront 1000 bucks then having a lease stuffed down my throat. I have since talked to them and there have been minor changesto the software which I dont find to be a 1000 value... Dandylyin,,, Let me ask you does your software constantly "update" still.. I find even though im not current almost everyday it says there is a new download that needs to be installed. i have a feeling it has to do with renewing the password however one day it got hung up while "downloading" and i noticed it said... evauating.. im hoping its not evaluating my software and reporting back to LM.
Turfdude, admit it, think about it real good you have "325 customers" would you think of doing that pricing strategy to them? its not totally apples to apples but theres no way those of us at our level would do that.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You no longer NEED to purchase the LMEmailer. I haven't had time to look into it, but someone has created a template that can be shared or something to that effect. I know that I don't always appreciate the yearly invoice and quite frankly, I have fortunately had many issues w/ the software, but bottom I can see both halves of the coin. We paid good money for a program. If there are not many people purchasing the software anymore, the company is done which would leave us w/ no support at all. It comes down to < $1/day to renew. If you look at it that way, and/or figure the cost into your fixed overhead each year, you should easily be able to budget it like any other expense. Its all a part of doing business.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Leostaats :

My Monkey was always wanting to fetch a new pass word I told my firewall not to let it do that without asking . Never was doing the evaluating thing though.

When we first purchased monkey and was having a few problems their first response was send us your database an we will look at it. Yeah right! Never did do that and they got the problem solved.

The kmcp is NO different than you purchasing a new pickup and the dealer says after warranty period service work be $70 per hour, you say ok . The time comes for service work after warranty, dealer says $500 or we won't even look at the service work for $70 per hour. Every year no service at $70 per hour performed till you pay $500 kmcp. That's Bullcrap!

One unhappy monkey owner that I talked to, told me his lawyer said if they weren't based in a foreign country he could sue their butt off real easy. For this breach of contract.

Oh well guess I could just figure it in the overhead and send my extortion money in.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Lawn monkey help

I quit using the software a year ago and now need to get back into the software to retreive some data. The company and support is MIA. Can anyone assist or know how to get in without retreiving a password? Thanks!