Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-13-2008, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Member

**P to the Power Washing Question******

Bought a 3750 Dewalt 4 GMP power washer. Primarily I bought this machine for a few commercial sidewalks and for my lawn equipment / personal toys. I was interested in expanding towards my lawn clients, and I experimented washing my best friends house for fun.

The question I would like to ask you experts is 1) my house chemical was a fleet farm "house/ brick" formula heavy duty detergent ,and it worked fine but I was not sure what tip nozzle you used after you applied it to the house and washed it off. Also after I had been over the house I found water spots of yellow on the cream color vinyl after repeated washing (Due to maybe not being close enough to the siding? )

I used the white 40 d nozzle, but wasn't sure how far to stand away from the house. I would say I was 7 to 10 feet away when washing, but never got closer than 5 feet with the white nozzle. I also used the black nozzle to rise off the detergent and it worked great as well. The white nozzle sprayed fast and ferrous, but was very misty so I wasn't sure. I was curious to know what damage you can do to vinyl siding besides the obvious of digging into it? Thanks for your patience and help !!
Old 04-13-2008, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure of the discoloration. Could be fro removing oxidation or uneven application of chems.

Dangers with Vinyl Siding is mostly High Pressure can cause water intrusion behind the siding. Mold and rot could then occurr. Low pressure and detergents are all that's needed. Give me a call if you need further help. I been getting burned lately describing in too much detail how I clean and locals are starting to learn it and are now bidding half what they used to.
Awesome Pressure Washing and Great Cleaning Service
Follow us on Facebook.. facebook.com/powerwash
Old 04-13-2008, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks

Sorry to hear you are getting burned. I've seen ya around lawn site, read some of your posts. You seem really respectable. Whatís your number? As for the people undercutting your A) Hard work B) Your price structuring that they probably backboned off ya , well when they foreclose on their house and their POS truck doesnít start you'll hopefully be around.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Member

Hi Michael that is one of the drawbacks of being a nice guy. All you hard work of trial and error soaked up in minutes on the U Tube. Any how when a new issue arrises then the cheating compition will have to learn the hard way.

I have seen the compition hiding in the parking lots and bushes trying to figure out our secrets. Plus having all the equipment in plain site does not help, one look and they know of what equipment to purchase.

As per the yellow on the siding it could be almost anything, my guess would be the chem bighting too much into the siding removing some of the finish., and not rinsing enough. We normall chemicial and rinse a side , move to the next side and back track and rinse at low pressure again. Good luck

DAFF
Old 04-15-2008, 04:24 PM
LawnSite Member

hi can anyone help figure out how to price power washing
Old 04-15-2008, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Member

.15 per linear foot, per story.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleaning_revolution View Post
hi can anyone help figure out how to price power washing
Charge as much as you can and give an excellent service.
Pressure Washing Prices