Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-14-2008, 05:14 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Dust control

I suppose this could be a "pesticide" by the very very technical term that anything unwanted could be considered a pest?

Also, I posted this same thread in the public grounds forum, hoping someone there could help me out possibly as well.

Does anyone here have any experience of using any type of dust control.

I've got an industrial place that's got a gravel parking lot. They asked me if there's anything I can do to help with the dust control.

I know the cities farther north of me use a magnesium chloride solution on the dirt roads in town. Yes, we still have dirt roads here, in some smaller towns.

I figured that maybe with doing dirt infields and the such, that maybe someone here has had some success with a product I could research??

Thanks.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Polyacrylamide (spelling) Used as tacifier in hydroseeding appliactions works well for dust control. It binds particles together holding dust down. I havn't hydroseeded in a few years, so I can't remember brand names... Try Turbo Turf, or Easylawn, they selll it & should be able to give you advice on it.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Member

I have done quite a bit of research on dust control. For a parking lot or road application I don't think the a polyacrylamide will last long enough. There is calcium chloride, mag chloride, lignos...(sp), and also a vegetable oil/glycerin product. Takes a lot of material in a lot of water to do it right. For example if using the oil 0.5 to 1 gallon per square yard
Old 04-14-2008, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIBERTYLANDSCAPING View Post
Polyacrylamide (spelling) Used as tacifier in hydroseeding appliactions works well for dust control. It binds particles together holding dust down. I havn't hydroseeded in a few years, so I can't remember brand names... Try Turbo Turf, or Easylawn, they selll it & should be able to give you advice on it.
I think lesco sells or sold that product for tactifier a few years ago
1-Z-Spray Int
1-T-3000
1-Permagreen Mag
4-backpackmistblowers
1-Four Wheeler with 50ft air blast mist sprayer
1-F-250 4x4 supercab p/u
1-E-250 van w-enclosed trailer
1-E-150 van
2-landscape trailers
a ton of backpack sprayers
Old 04-14-2008, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Customer of mine was using calcium choride ice melter in a hand spreader to control dust in her indoor horse arena. Very hygroscopic--attracts moisture.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:19 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I've used calcium cloride applied through my fert spreader. Works great but be sure to get all you will need now. It's rather hard to find in the summer!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Got the answer - but I'm not allowed to post it.

I posted a note earlier today about where you can buy this locally and how to apply it, but the moderator removed it and said that in order to give you any references of where to buy it, I had to be a sponsor and would I like to buy a sponsorship. No thank you, the references of where to buy it is NOT my company, and it is not our product. Be that as it may, the moderator decided that we were not allowed to tell you where to buy it unless we were a sponsor of this site.

If you go to Google and type in "mag chloride dust control" you will find application information from 37,400 places. One of those places has the information you need but apparently the rules of this site prevent me from directing to that place. So I will only say that the products you need are available locally, but I am not allowed to tell you where to get them. The application information you need is available on the web, but I'm not allowed to tell you where to look for it since I'm not a sponsor. So free information is actually not free it would appear.

So while I have tried to help you, apparently the rules of this site prevent any information being shared from anyone who is not a sponsor. Here is the email I got for giving you a link to information on how apply the products.
Quote:
Hello MAGman ,

We have removed your posts at LawnSite.com... you are not allowed to promote, sell or advertise your company, product or services at the site unless you are a sponsor.

If you are interested in potential sponsorship at the site please email Don Woods at dwoods@mooserivermedia.com

Please keep this in mind with your future postings at the site.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation with this - take care, have a great day and enjoy the site

Regards,

Michael J. Donovan Sr.
Moderator, Online Communities
Moose River Media
374 Emerson Falls Road
St. Johnsbury, VT 05819
412-415-1470
http://www.mooserivermedia.com
Both "products" are common and commercially available locally all year around from a specific type of store which can be found in nearly every major city in the US and Canada, but I'm not allowed to tell you what that is or I will get slapped by the nun's ruler again. I looked for a way to send you a private message or to send an email with the information but that too appears to be very carefully controlled information.

Not sure how to help you, but its not for lack of trying. Please realize that I HAVE tried to help you. There is a type of store nationwide that stocks these kinds of products all year around, but I'm not allowed to tell you what it is. I see references from others to stores, but they must be sponsors since those posts were not deleted.

In fact, I wonder how long it will be before THIS post is removed? Nothing like censorship!
Old 04-18-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGman View Post

I posted a note earlier today about where you can buy this locally and how to apply it, but the moderator removed it and said that in order to give you any references of where to buy it, I had to be a sponsor and would I like to buy a sponsorship. No thank you, the references of where to buy it is NOT my company, and it is not our product. Be that as it may, the moderator decided that we were not allowed to tell you where to buy it unless we were a sponsor of this site.

If you go to Google and type in "mag chloride dust control" you will find application information from 37,400 places. One of those places has the information you need but apparently the rules of this site prevent me from directing to that place. So I will only say that the products you need are available locally, but I am not allowed to tell you where to get them. The application information you need is available on the web, but I'm not allowed to tell you where to look for it since I'm not a sponsor. So free information is actually not free it would appear.

So while I have tried to help you, apparently the rules of this site prevent any information being shared from anyone who is not a sponsor. Here is the email I got for giving you a link to information on how apply the products.

Both "products" are common and commercially available locally all year around from a specific type of store which can be found in nearly every major city in the US and Canada, but I'm not allowed to tell you what that is or I will get slapped by the nun's ruler again. I looked for a way to send you a private message or to send an email with the information but that too appears to be very carefully controlled information.

Not sure how to help you, but its not for lack of trying. Please realize that I HAVE tried to help you. There is a type of store nationwide that stocks these kinds of products all year around, but I'm not allowed to tell you what it is. I see references from others to stores, but they must be sponsors since those posts were not deleted.

In fact, I wonder how long it will be before THIS post is removed? Nothing like censorship!

Your post was removed because you were clearly attempting to draw people to your site - you masked the link with "click here" which lead right to your site. If that isn't an attempt to promote your product then I'm not sure what is.

Your "reference" to two places to buy the product were general references, not specific.

You signed up at the site today, and you give yourself a user name which signifies your product, your first post includes a link to your site....

This site is free for the users. It is able to be free because companies pay to be here. Companies and people like you who attempt to "provide helpful information" about their very own product end up cheating the paying sponsors.

Your attempt at the "victim-censorship-controlled site" card does not work here. These members know the deal. They are the ones who have made this site what it is. It's simple - if you want to discuss your products, become a sponsor.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:16 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Adams View Post
Your post was removed because you were clearly attempting to draw people to your site - you masked the link with "click here" which lead right to your site. If that isn't an attempt to promote your product then I'm not sure what is.

Your "reference" to two places to buy the product were general references, not specific.

You signed up at the site today, and you give yourself a user name which signifies your product, your first post includes a link to your site....

This site is free for the users. It is able to be free because companies pay to be here. Companies and people like you who attempt to "provide helpful information" about their very own product end up cheating the paying sponsors.

Your attempt at the "victim-censorship-controlled site" card does not work here. These members know the deal. They are the ones who have made this site what it is. It's simple - if you want to discuss your products, become a sponsor.

He is not the only one. LOL

2013 haulmark 18' trailer
2013 John Deere 52' walkbehind
2012 Gator with skid sprayer
2010 Turfco T-3000
2008 JD 997
2006 JD 647a
2004 JD 757 w/ 3 bag & Iron MCS
2002 JD 757 w/ 2 bag MCS
2002 JD 757
Stihl, Echo, Tanka 2 strokes
Big Tex trailers
Tons of other equipment
Old 04-18-2008, 06:19 PM

I know what you are getting at....be nice....