Register free!

Old 04-18-2008, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Member

So Sean, let me see if I understand this:

If I want to discuss how to mow grass, I have to be a sponsor. If I want to discuss how to control dust, I have to be a sponsor. So exactly what can I discuss here?

I posted a single link to APPLICATION DATA, not selling information so YOUR attempt to make this something it is not should not work here, but perhaps PT Barnum was right - eh?

I'm not trying to draw anyone anywhere. I was simply trying to respond with information to the guy in MN who posted a call for help with a dust problem. I happen to be a dust control expert and yes, it is what I do for a living. Does that make me a bad person unfit to talk about dust control here?

My username reflects what I do for a living like nearly EVERYONE ELSE HERE, so indicting me for my user name is just another affirmation of the selective censorship your company seems to live by here. Funny how you jump on me because my username reflects what I do for a living, but all the others here who have names in this thread that say what they do must be sponsors or FOS (Friends of Sean) I guess, ugh?

So, while you clearly want to make this something that it is not, and you are cleverly trying to paint me as a bad guy while I am actually only trying to help the person who asked for help on dust control. I put my boots on one at time like most folks, but I certainly can see when a site owner uses his site to force the purchase of advertising and sponsorship and has it veiled as "censorship".

I'm sure your subscribers can help each other out with a lot of things they know about. But what happens when they run into something that they don't know about? What then? Good luck finding out the real story because a forum run in this way is like reading the newspaper in Iran; you see what the leaders want you to see irrespective of the facts and moreover the truth.

That is censorship of a most onerous kind, Sean.

When someone stops by to help a member who asks for help and you run them out of town on rails, I would expect that your captive audience might begin to wonder what's really behind the curtin.

Let me close with a gentle reminder of what you said this site is supposed to be about:
Quote:
ABOUT US
LawnSite.com has been online since 1995. In 1998 the site officially became known as LawnSite.com. It is the original and largest web site of its kind in the Green Industry.
LawnSite is a forum, or sometimes known as a “message board”. The site is free to join. When someone “registers” at the site, by creating a user name and providing general information, they have the ability to start discussions and post responses in existing discussions.
Our community is made up of many different types of professionals from all over the world.

We have members that are 18 years old interested in starting a business for the first time, and we have 30-year industry veterans who provide helpful information and guidance – and everything in between.
Our members come from the United States, Canada, Australia, Mexico, Brazil, England, Ireland, and just about anywhere else you can think of. We even have US troops accessing the site from different parts of the world as well.
We also have manufacturers and suppliers from the industry who join and sponsor the site, and interact with the members – sharing ideas and gathering opinions and suggestions about how to improve their products and services.
In 2003, we had a contest for the members to come up with a fitting slogan for the site. The winning slogan – “Professionals Growing Together” is a perfect way to describe the atmosphere and value of LawnSite.com. In 2006, LawnSite.com was acquired by Moose River Media, publishers of many Green Industry magazines, including TURF.
LawnSite is continuing to grow everyday – one professional at a time!
If you would like to register, we’d love to have you as a member of our community.
Are you sure about that?
Old 04-18-2008, 08:47 PM

I can take the time to answer the long way or I can make this short and sweet - if you want to post, be my guest. If you want to promote your product as you did in your first post, you must be a sponsor. It's not hard to understand.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Save it MAGman, there are few things more annoying on internet forums than someone complaining about censorship. The world is not conspiring against you, grow up and act like a professional.