Register free!

Old 04-17-2008, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

They can be biennials also.

Last edited by 44DCNF; 04-17-2008 at 12:16 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Member

Yes I have a commercial applicators license and all the questions in the test are about safety and not killing yourself or anyone else.

I guess this forum is only about "wishlists" and "How much revenue you make last year?" bs threads not to get some info to be better at what we do.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:19 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcreech View Post
Actually Whitey.....Dandelion is a perennial not a bi-annual!
Kiss my arse Rodney.

Yeah, yer right.

I hate wise arses.... and all the help you have given me doesn't count now, you bassad!

And my Ivy eradication aint goin so well either.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:27 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Well......if you've got "dandies" in areas that HAVEN'T EVER been sprayed before, within "recent memory", that you're sure of...

Now's just about the right time to pick 'em & put 'em in your salad !!!

(no kidding)

Read on:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...t=edible+weeds
Old 04-17-2008, 07:46 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44DCNF View Post
They can be biennials also.
A biannual usually has a rosette the first year and then flowers the second year if I remember the term correctly.

A dandelion can come up from seed and flower in the same year.....so is it an annual also!

No seriously....it is a perennial!
Old 04-17-2008, 07:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey4 View Post
Kiss my arse Rodney.

Yeah, yer right.

I hate wise arses.... and all the help you have given me doesn't count now, you bassad!

And my Ivy eradication aint goin so well either.

Sorry buddy! Just wanted to let you know! Hope you are having a good spring! Things have broke lose here and no stopping them! Not getting on here much and having some serious withdraw!
Old 04-17-2008, 07:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcreech View Post
Sorry buddy! Just wanted to let you know! Hope you are having a good spring! Things have broke lose here and no stopping them! Not getting on here much and having some serious withdraw!
When I see you on here posting all I can think about is you looking at me and Lynn with a drop dead serious face and saying "No seriously, I might cry if someone told me I could never get on Lawnsite again..."
Old 04-17-2008, 08:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by springover View Post
Yes I have a commercial applicators license and all the questions in the test are about safety and not killing yourself or anyone else.

I guess this forum is only about "wishlists" and "How much revenue you make last year?" bs threads not to get some info to be better at what we do.
Ok, you want some real info? Tell the customer from the beginning that pre-emerging is not always 100% effective. If the timing is off by even a little, or it does not get enough water to incorporate it properly, the product may not be as effective. This is why there are POST-EMERGENT herbicides. The timing from when you put your product down until now does not seem like you got to the "dandies" before they emerged. This compares to me here in Texas trying to pre-emerge for crabgrass today, it has already popped. You have missed your window, weeds have germinated, save your pre-emergent product.

I feel this forum is for people to discuss issues like "I am using product X, how does everyone else feel about it", or equipment malfunctions and things of the like. But, as most people see, on this forum there are a lot of "how do I run my business" questions.
Sub-contract Aerifying available too
Old 04-17-2008, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Green View Post
When I see you on here posting all I can think about is you looking at me and Lynn with a drop dead serious face and saying "No seriously, I might cry if someone told me I could never get on Lawnsite again..."
SAD isn't it!

Hope you are having a good one!

Any luck getting rid of that PG yet?
Old 04-17-2008, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoots View Post
I like your diplomatic response. Sorry, I get so worked up sometimes when there are people asking questions here that took me 4 years of college, state testing, 5 CEU's every year (which by the way is one entire day of lecturing) to keep the license current, and years of in the field experience learning while assisting those that know. These people get answers in 5 minutes.

I am not the only one that has done these things to get where I am today and I know others have had it much harder than I have. I have been lucky.
I've been in this industry for 30 some years. I'm either mellowing out in my old age or just tired. One thing I have learned is critical thinking. That's all he needed to do. Think about what he did, the end results or outcome. Then educate himself. Giving the answer would have made it too easy. He was just looking for help. I think we did that.