Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-17-2008, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Just starting out need all the help I can get.

OK so I'm finally moving forward and getting my business going, I wont be doing any work till this winter, but from there on out it'll be full time. I'm currently working on my business plan, its in my head but I'm getting it down on paper and making it formal. I also already have a EIN as a sole proprietor, I have a duns number and I've started building my business credit. For the past 3 months Ive been researching the Internet and this forum, but id rather hear it first hand from people that have done it all and know exactly what I'm going through.
What else can I do from here as far as building a solid foundation for my business? Where can I find reliable information, and resources to help me out? I want to be totally legal and over prepared that way I can really hit the ground running. As far as what I plan to offer for services...to start I'm going to do basic spring and fall cleanups, lawn maintenance...mow, trim, sweep, hedges... I also plan to do some specialty work like cleaning gutters, planting plants, flowers and shrubs...post and beam fence installation...and in the winter I will be staying plenty busy with snow removal. I have experience in commercial and residential lawn maintenance, but when it comes to the business aspect I know only what I've read on the Internet.
Any and all information and criticism would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Sounds like you are reving your engine and ready to do it. Go get it..
The major difference between successful people and failures is that successful people make it a habit of doing things that failures don't like to do. It is not that they like doing them any more than the failures, it is that they subordinate their feelings and emotions to the higher cause.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:31 PM
LawnSite Member

thinking....

ran my schedules on outlook by hand for the first year or so, bought Gohper software when things got a little nuts. Does real well. They have different programs out there that let you do a trial run. Try them out, nothing to lose.
The major difference between successful people and failures is that successful people make it a habit of doing things that failures don't like to do. It is not that they like doing them any more than the failures, it is that they subordinate their feelings and emotions to the higher cause.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like you have a good grasp on what to do. Where in Maine are ya?
Have a few friends in the Bangor-Brewer area. Good luck.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybowtie View Post
Sounds like you have a good grasp on what to do. Where in Maine are ya?
Have a few friends in the Bangor-Brewer area. Good luck.
Im in the Waterville area. Thanks alot