Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-04-2001, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ask for Help.

Chad, You have got to ask for help. Sit down tonight and work out a plan of attack as to where the money needs to go and where you expect to make money and when I say make money I mean by any means possible (hired hand, several part time jobs, what ever). Now tomorrow morning you go to the local church and sit down and tell your story and ask for help. Then contact a credit counselor and ask for help. Go to your equipment vendor and ask for help.

People are not likely to hand over $2500.00 to you but if you can show how you plan to correct the problem and with a little help from several sources you can make it. To many people falter and fail because they don't ask for help.

Holidays are fast coming and a lot of companys need part time holiday help. UPS comes to mind. Grab those boot straps and get going, I know you can do it. GOD BLESS.

Chris
CP Mayhew, Inc.
Old 12-04-2001, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey, Chad!

Don't go to just any credit company - use Consumer Credit Counseling Service (CCCS). THEY WILL HELP!!

They are non-profit (so you don't get ripped) they can organize your payments, stave off your creditors, and arrange for your creditors to stop charging interest until you get back on your feet. You make one monthly payment to them for all your consumer debt. It is definitely a good deal...

Try this link - they are near Orlando, I think. If that is too far, they can direct you to the one near where you are.

http://www.cccscfl.com/

Good luck, buddy!
Old 12-05-2001, 02:18 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey TEX I only have 1 debt thats my mower..or do they include rent and utilities,insurance stuff like that?...I doubt it..

Chad

6 Years on Lawnsite
Old 12-05-2001, 03:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Chad, Texas ProLawns is right! Contact CCCS NOW!! Your situation is not nearly so dire as you think and they can help you.

Something that can help you is that both you and your wife find gainfull employment. They do have gas stations and burger joints in your neighborhood right? Any money coming is is better than no money coming in.

Old 12-05-2001, 10:08 AM

Location: PRETTY SOON BETWEEN PALERMO AND AYRSHIRE BUT RIGHT NOW SWEET HOME CHICAGO
Chad
Im sorry to hear your bad luck.
Have you tried public aid?Its something you might want to try until you get on your feet.Thats what its for to help people get on their feet again
Old 12-05-2001, 11:15 AM
LawnSite Member

Location: Brenham, Texas- Washington County-Home of Blue Bell
Chad
Even though you have doubts about CCCS contact them and tell them the situation. If they can't help ask if they can refer you to someone who can.
From reading some of your past post you have a talent for designing artwork
and logos ect. I work fulltime in the graphics industry and I think you could make someone (local printer, printshop) a good designer or illustrator.
Above all do not give up or quit on your family!
Old 12-05-2001, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Chad,

I once had it all, at age 19. New truck, new mower, new tractor,trailers, stress relieving toys, jobs up the wazhoo. Got married at 20, divorced at 21. Bankers that once gave me notes over the phone no longer associated with me, seems divorce makes them shy away from doing business. I got along, worked for others for awhile, kept my contacts I had when I was on my own. Met and married my present wife of 17 yrs., have 3 great kids, am on a first name basis with Insurance agent, Banker, and many, many other "professional" people. My current business allows me to sponsor a Pro Stock race car and crew, which mirror my struggles and achievements, and are truly a great bunch of people. I recently went to the bank to borrow some money and when he asked if I had a business plan, I said "yes, get up early, go to work, make some money, pay the bills, save some of what I made, when I have enough, buy something." I showed him the business inventory and he asked how and who gave me the $$$, I said I did it just like I said. I then pulled out a little sign I keep in my briefcase........."Quitters NEVER win.......Winners NEVER Quit." This reminds me that I am a winner, to never quit, to remember the things I went through to get here, where I want to go, and mostly, that when things get a little tougher than I thought, keep my eyes and ears open...you never know who's watching or listening.

Chad, from the responses to your post, sounds to me like you'renot a quitter..........that only leaves one other choice......
Old 12-05-2001, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Tell us what we can do to help?
Old 12-06-2001, 03:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Chad,
Your making $1200/mth now? That means your only working 8 - 12 hrs a week at the most. This leaves a ton of hours for a part-time job. Lowes and Home Depot pay up to $11.00/hr for part time employees with benefits. 25 hrs a week at $10/hr is another $1000 a month.
Also, sell your mower that you owe on and buy a used one with the cash.
I know it seems like you're trapped, but there's always a way out. Life is full of ups and downs. That's why I rely on the good Lord to get me through the rough times.
Good luck
Bill
Old 12-06-2001, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Chad,
I just wanted to add that local churches are great places to ask for help. Besides being in the lawn business I also own rental properties. I have had several people get money from churches, and the salvation army. Another place you can look for some assistance is your local township office. Basically the churchs ect... will talk with your landlord and ask them to hold off on the eviction process for so long ( usually 30 days ) if they will pay x amount of your rent. I know at the township you have to work so many hours since they are trying to help you get back on your feet and not just a free ride. Watch out though some landlords will say yes then as soon as they get a check in one hand they are handing you another eviction notice in the other. It is legal but not very nice. Try not to worry about your bills except for your loan on your mower. Besides being in the lawn care business, and rental business, I am also a mortgage loan originator. Call your utility companys and ask to be placed on a budget if you are able to do so. You will have a set amount of time to have your bills paid off ( usually 3-4 months ). Your telephone, gas, water, and electric can be turned into collection agencys then if they are not paid they will be turned over to an attorney. A judgement will be placed against you if they are not paid. Your mower on the other hand is on your credit. If you ever try to obtain a house loan or loan for your next lawn care co this is what they will look for. Yes your judgements will have to be paid off but they are minute compared to your payment history. I hope maybe a word of this can help you. Good luck and I hope everything works out for you