Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-27-2000, 10:12 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

The other day I tallied up my total for the year on my anuual accounts and divided it by the number of accounts to get an average $ amount per customer, I then divided that by 12 to get an average monthly figure for each account. If anybody would be willing to do this it woud give everybody an idea where they stand (on average). If you want to do this and list the region it would be less intrusive than asking what you made last year. I only want to know to see where I stand, I don't care how much you made and won't know because you won't be giving me the # of accounts, just an average of them per month. I did not figure in my seasonal work because they will eventually fall by the wayside once I establish the yearly accounts that I want. I can't count on that money all year anyway. If you do this, don't inflate the numbers, it won't help anybody. Also, if there is anybody that has a national average, or something that would give others a target to shoot for that would help too. What is a good number?<p>Homer
Old 01-27-2000, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Homer my adverage sale per customer is thirteen hundred dollars per year. We are located in the south eastern region.<br>The real question is how much was left after ALL EXPENSES are paid. Real profit does not include your salary.
Old 01-27-2000, 08:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks, <br>Mine is around 1350 per account, on annuals only. I didn't think anybody would respond! I am not trying to be nosy, you have answered a burning question and I am glad we are in the same ballpark. Any body else from the south out there? It would be good to get an average from all regions.<p>Thanks again,<p>Homer
Old 01-28-2000, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Member

In the midwest we're sittin' in the 28-31 hundred range. That of course includes snow removal sand/salt applications. Green months are late march to mid-late nov. snow runs late dec. picks up in feb-early march.
Old 01-29-2000, 10:27 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

That sounds pretty good! I guess living in the snowbelt has it's advantages. We don't have that opportunity down south. We wouldn't know how to act!<p>Homer
Old 01-29-2000, 05:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Homer, Not sure what we are talking about here? Just mowing or what? I am in the south but I don,t know how to compare with you. I used to worry a lot about what others charge but I stopped. Now I get my price and if the customer expects less there are plenty og people to do it for less.
Old 01-29-2000, 05:52 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

It is not that I am worried, far from it. The question was simply what is your average income from each customer. Total all of it together and divide by the number of customers. The average was a sort of data line to use for the future. If this area would generate a little more then I would start creeping up to achieve a higher, per account, dollar figure. Nothing related to this business is going down in price.<p>Homer
Old 01-29-2000, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Homer,<br>I agree costs are rising (sharply) but some things are moderating:<p>3 years ago I was paying 8.65/100 for mowing workers comp insurance, now I pay 1.92/100. That's refreshing.<p>Line trimmers/edgers/blowers have remained flat in price while their reliability has skyrocketed, resulting in lower costs there as well.<p>Overall inflation has stayed low due to &quot;products&quot; having no inflation or lower costs. Non-cummunication &quot;services&quot; have inceased. In my market a 5-7% annual service price increase seems to be the norm. <p><br>
Old 01-29-2000, 06:15 PM
Banned

RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL TOGETHER.COST PER HOUR. COST PER DAY COST PER MIN. WHAT?
Old 01-29-2000, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Lazer i know you live in michgigan and i was wondering where i can get mowers workmans comp for 1.65/100. I live in west bloofield michigan. My insurance guy told me 8.65/100.