Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-06-2001, 08:55 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Im still here

Well to all my careing friends I have moved(didnt have a choice)..My mother in law showed up yesterday with a moving truck, and said "lets get this S$#t together and get out of here"..So we are living with them till we can get back on our feet ..I hvae a whole new outlook on life and I really found out how much I love my wife and kids..I am going to be doing things differently.. I am going to upgrade the way I run my busines..meaning instead of saying it can wait till next time,,I will do it then..Ill now be able to save some money so Im gonna get more professional looking uniforms..(matching shorts/shirts/hats etc..)

To all my fellow LCO's(Florida if possible)I may need to learn how to bid residential alittle better..Can any of you give me some pointers that do work..What area some key factors that a customer will look at in deciding to hire you or not..Lately I start off by asking if they are unterested in a lawn service..Most just say "no I dont think so"..Thats as far as I get..Is there anything that I can reply with that might grab there interest??

In closing Id like to that everyone who has shown me support to my misfortune..I am going to be doung alot of praying (with family also) from now on..

P.S. I will have internet access so I will be able to stay with this huge community(family )

Take care

Chad

6 Years on Lawnsite
Old 12-06-2001, 09:28 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

all i can say is good job and good luck. let me know when u get a chance to do my order also
Old 12-06-2001, 04:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

when giving a estimate on basic lawn care i pull up to there lawn im in a clean truck, clean clothes (uniform)and have a smile on my face i greet them with a handshake and ask how are you doing, as we walk around the property I tell them what my mow pkg includes mow, edge, trim, blow, usally people dont know what i mean when i say "trim" so i show how we keep a clean crisp edge on all flowerbeds then i tell them how we mow a different direction each visit and why its important. I think this works very well it has to i have 40 + accounts in my first year good luck to ya

Scagman
Old 12-06-2001, 05:09 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Glad to see things are looking up for you Chad.

Kris
Old 12-07-2001, 04:33 AM
LawnSite Addict

GREAT! Glad to hear this. Just remember who helped you out. Mother-inlaws aren't that bad now are they? Good luck and hope you prosper.
Old 12-07-2001, 06:14 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Chad

I am about two hours south of you down I 75. I have been in business 15 years and do only residental. I have every lic. and cert that I know of, including including full book pest control. I am still going to college for horticulture at night and hope to get my degree soon. The back bone of my business is lawn mowning.

If you think I can help you, I will spend a day with you and show you my set up and how I do it. I will try and help you to the best of my ability. If you are interested send me an E-mail with your Phone # and I will call you back.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 12-07-2001, 09:06 AM
Banned

Location: anthracite valley, commonwealth of pennsylvania Winter residence: Charlotte County FLA
Ric,

Your LS e-mail is disabled.

If you need a laborer (that has a PA pesticide license) for the months of January and February I can be of assistance.

I have my own mobile housing. I would rather be in FLA this winter that have to hibernate in my den up north.

E-mail me if interested.
Old 12-08-2001, 04:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wow Ric what do you think of that offer. You would get to spend 2 months with the almighty Stoner and drink from his vast pool of knowledge ( and bull#%$#)!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2001, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Mobile housing? Oh Lord....

Hank
Old 12-08-2001, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ric
Chad

If you think I can help you, I will spend a day with you and show you my set up and how I do it. I will try and help you to the best of my ability. If you are interested send me an E-mail with your Phone # and I will call you back.

Thats a great offer Chad...take him up on it.
Always be willing to learn... watch and listen.
2years ago when we started a maintenance division, I drove about 3 hours to spend a day at a company that does over 5 million a year in maintenace....they shared paper work...sat in on one of their meetings, very insightful day.
I still don't know where this maitenance business will end up... I know we will always do some. We will probably stay at the 3 or 4 crew level.