Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-06-2001, 10:30 AM
LawnSite Member

mailing flyers

Have any of you mailed your own flyers. I am looking to find out how much they cost to send, and if there are any special requiements from th epost office. i would lthink you just fold a flyer in three parts, seal them closed, and put postage on it. Is this correct? thanks

Carl
Old 12-06-2001, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sure you can get a bulk rate for multiple thousands, but don't expect any better results. In fact, they may be worse. When I go through the mail I quickly go into "junk mode". I grab the bills and important stuff and usually pitch all ads without even looking at them. I'm sure most people do that, too. Plus, you'll be sending it to apartments and such. The best chance you have is to have the flyer on the door on the first nice day in late winter. It will get full attention and it might spark a little of that spring fever, putting them in a better mood to buy.
Old 12-06-2001, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You may be looking at lots of money!!! We had Nebs make up 3,000 door hangers, placed around 1800 on doors this spring and retained around 19 properties. Took 3 of us two days to cover the area. We will be passing out the remainer plus another 1000 in spring. Worth the money spent. Mailing would have costed us more then $600.00.
Old 12-07-2001, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Member

I would suggest giving postcards a try for residential and perhaps fancier trifolds for commercial prospects. Postcards are working well for me and I can mail or hand deliver. I do my own on the computor and then take to a local printer. I use a bright color postcard stock and black ink. As soon as I get caught up I plan on launching a website. Put the link on the postcard so potential customers can get more info, pictures etc.. I think keeping advertising simple and to the point works better than a whole page full of stuff. I have gotten a better respounce from postcards than the full page flyers I used to do. Of course , my first flyers were pretty embarassing!

Old 12-11-2001, 12:23 AM
LawnSite Member

May I suggest that you try handing out personalized pens. They are cheap, I can get them to you for .21 each. Just think, what do people do with your business card and flyer? If you said throw it away, I would agree! Hand out pens, they stay with peoplle alot longer because they have a use!
If you would like info on these pens get in touch with me via email a.s.a.p. as the price goes back up to .32 cents from BIC (the maufac.) on the 15th of December. The pens, by the way, are the BIC round stic. I used to have a auto detailing business and now have a lawn service, both of these businesses I built by handing out pens, that is why I now also sell pens!
If interested contact me at
ejfehr@earthlink.net
Attached Images

Old 12-11-2001, 08:52 AM
LawnSite Member

We have gotten custom flyers from nebs, Thay have worked out very well for ws. We just purchased 1000 flyers, the tri-fold mailers from LESCO , That have a detachable post card on them. Once i recive them in ten days, I will try to scan one and post it .
Old 12-11-2001, 10:16 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks

Thanks for your responses. I have looked into postcards and I think this is the way I will go. I am going to send out about 6,000 of them in late Feb. Then I will send or hand deliver flyers to some select areas every three weeks.

Out of the 6000 postcards what percent response do you think I will receive. I figure between 1/10th a percent and 1 percent. (6-60). Does this sound reasonable? Well thanks again.