Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-23-2008, 01:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

New Fluid Film Contest!

Okay, here is the idea. The member who can start a thread concerning Fluid Film and get the most replies by May 23rd, 2008 wins a case of Fluid Film 11 3/4 oz aerosol cans!

You don’t have to post in our forum, but you also cannot post in another Sponsor's forum. Posts started in another sponsor's forum will be disqualified.

Be creative, think outside the box, and get started! Post an unusual pic in the Pictures forum. Talk about an application for tractors in the Tractor forum. You get the idea.

Also, the person who starts the thread cannot repost inside the thread unless it is to answer a question directed at them. No bump threads allowed.

Get to it! I love new contests!

Last edited by Dano50; 04-23-2008 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Fluid Film Uses

I don't know if the contest runs through today until midnight or ended last night but here's my scoop on Fluid Film. To save time and since I don't know if I am even in the running with posting today I am combining my two entries here and hoping for the best. I went through a half case of aerosols and 1 gallon since trying it and am ready for more.
Here is a list of what I can remember I have used it on.
Top Five favorite applications:
Felco pruners, Stihl loppers, hedge shears; plant goo cleans off super easy and even after a wipe down they are still coated well enough to be left alone, but I usually recoat them
Redmax gas hedge shears (spray)
Undercoating for vehicles (bulk, done over grass with absolutely no ill effect to grass)
Under mower deck (bulk)
Digging tools get cleaned with wire wheel on grinder weekly and coated with bulk fluid film via a paint brush from a small bucket.

others:
door hinges - house and vehicle, chains - bicycle and motorcycle, removing bugs, grease, tar, and road kill from truck, seals on all pulley bearings on mowers, wipe down painted surfaces of mowers, aluminum tubes and shields and all work heads used on trimmers, engine bay of truck (bulk), am going to coat all tucked away brake and fuel lines on truck here soon,
seals and gaskets before assembly into anything, coat stored tires and rims from plow truck during summer and vice versa, coat hands before a greasy disassembly job, clean hands after a greasy job, wet cleaned foam prefilters when they call for oiling, all pocket knives when they get cleaned and sharpened, oiling guns when cleaned (havent tried it to clean a barrel yet),
coated the inside of aluminum spindle housings and all parts involved when new bearings were installed to the exmark deck, tire dressing, I have some in a half gallon hand cleaner pump container, some in an oiler, some in a bucket, some in a bottle. It all has it's place and different uses and application methods from brushing to raggin on, using an eye dropper where needed, sprayed through electric sprayer and soon my new sure shot sprayer given me by Dano, pumped onto something and wiped in, and syringed.

Here's a short video of it being applied to a mower deck through a chicago electric sprayer, where there spray setting is not quite adjusted right. I had a better spray pattern when undercoating the truck.

Here is a suggestion from eXmarks site, an application where I am now using Fluid Film.....I also applied it to the lower crank seal on the Kawasaki with a small paintbrush.

Maintaining idler pulleys
To add a little life to your idler pulleys, try using a little spray lubricant on the seals. Over time, water and sunlight can cause the seals to harden, shrink or crack. When this happens, the seal no longer protects the bearing and a failure will soon happen. The lubricant will help to keep the seal soft and resistant to the weathering that can occur.

In summary, Thanks Dano for great service and thanks Fluid Film for a great product. It has reduced the number of different types of spray products I keep around the shop. Great Stuff. I think I should win for the simple reason that I think I like the Fluid Film much more than y'all do. It really comes down to money is tight if I think about it though, so I'm beggin ya, at least consider my entry and make some posts you guys. Help a brother out, yeah?

Any questions?

Last edited by 44DCNF; 05-23-2008 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Okay, just a quick update. We are going to extend the Fluid Film thread contest until Midnight on Monday, May 26th to take advantage of the long weekend. We also have a bit of a problem: I received a PM rightly stating that the entries were violating the rules. There has been bumping by the thread-starters, which in effect should disqualify them, according to the rules.

So, we haven't quite decided how to handle this. The threads have been active and there have been some great responses. The effort that went into them cannot be overlooked.

Check back on Tuesday for the contest results. You might be surprised what you find.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a winner! (Two, actually)

After careful consideration looking at the content, responses and overall views of the entries, we have decided to name two winners for the Fluid Film thread contest!

Raven386 & lawnboy858! You will be receiving a PM shortly explaining what you need to do to claim your prizes.

Thank you for participating!!!