Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-24-2008, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

John-Deere- Lesco GE credit in India

Had the great misfortune of calling JDL- Lesco's GE credit today. Tried to talk to a very nice Indian fellow from India today about making a payment. Is it just me our shouldn't the customer service people speak English just like the customer who made the call. I couldn't understand half of what he said the call took forever and really was just ridiculous. This all started because JDL Lesco would not take a credit card payment for our early order. It seems that started last June. Nobody mentioned it to us the customer. In the past we saved another 3% by putting it on our AMEX business and getting the cash back. Not to mention another 30 days of delayed payment. If anyone is planning on paying for there early order with a credit card you will have a big problem as it is cash only. WANTED: Office person that speaks fluent Indian. No experience necessary as the people you will be talking to have none. Clueless and the ability to talk at the speed of light is a real plus.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Had the same problem last year Nothing like aggravating a long time customer to lose business.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:27 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlg View Post
Had the great misfortune of calling JDL- Lesco's GE credit today. Tried to talk to a very nice Indian fellow from India today about making a payment. Is it just me our shouldn't the customer service people speak English just like the customer who made the call. I couldn't understand half of what he said the call took forever and really was just ridiculous. This all started because JDL Lesco would not take a credit card payment for our early order. It seems that started last June. Nobody mentioned it to us the customer. In the past we saved another 3% by putting it on our AMEX business and getting the cash back. Not to mention another 30 days of delayed payment. If anyone is planning on paying for there early order with a credit card you will have a big problem as it is cash only. WANTED: Office person that speaks fluent Indian. No experience necessary as the people you will be talking to have none. Clueless and the ability to talk at the speed of light is a real plus.

I just love it when I get a Indian telemarketer that I catch in a lie !

The telemarketing call could be about anything...credit cards...storm windows...vacation offers...whatever. And I'll lead 'em on for a while and pretend like I'm interested...then I'll blast in to the conversation with the question :
" Where exactly are you calling from " ?!?

Well, as you can imagine.... they almost never tell the truth !!!

A few weeks ago I had an Indian woman on the phone stutter around on the phone...after I asked that question... that she was calling from Denver Colorado.

So I quickly asked :

If you're there....about how many miles is it from Denver to Boulder, Colorado ?

Like about 9 out of 10 of the others before her....she promptly HUNG UP !!!

Old 04-25-2008, 08:38 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I had the same problem a couple years ago. What you mentioned and the fact that they are 21% interest cured me. I now pay as I purchase. My Lesco account has a zero balance and 99% of the time stays that way. Occasionally I'll buy something on the account but I pay for it when the statement comes. Much less headache!