Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-29-2008, 04:26 PM
executive property maintenance executive property maintenance is offline
LawnSite Member

what a waste of a day

so i figured id try out the new to me pressure washer today. nothing but bad news. so i get everything in order connect my hose turned the water on (the pressure does not have a screw on connector its a rubber connection) when i return to where my pressure washer was the hose had come off because the water was not coming out of the machine so pressure had built up it popped off. the only other pressure washer i used before even when the machine was off water would spray out to obviosly prevent this. so i hold the ''trigger'' to spray as i turn the water on but the pressure was almost like pulsating so i turn the water up a bit sure enough hose comes off again so i shut it down.thats my first problem so after all this the pressure would not start the rope for the pull start was completely stuck could not pull. what a waste of a day. should i just bring it to a small engine repair or is this something i could get going myself. thanks in advance
Old 04-30-2008, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Member

There are two sides to a pumps, inlet where you connect to the water source. The output where the water comes out. On the high side there is an unloader and this in turn is connected to the wand. ALL hoses on the high side must have compression fittings plus steel braiding and quick connecters. Try to get the machine running with out the wand connected. See it the machine is making pressure or it the unloader messed up??

Need more info..

DAFF
Old 05-01-2008, 05:38 PM
executive property maintenance executive property maintenance is offline
LawnSite Member

well ther was a knob on top what seem ed to increase the pressure from a light spray almost a mist to a much heavier spray but it was pulseing for lack of a better word i assumed this was cause i didnt have the water turned up high enough like it had to almost accumulate enough water to build up pressure
Old 05-09-2008, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Seems to me that the inlet outlet valves are leaking inside the head. These valves are spring loaded and sit on a rubber gasket (ring). If a ring is worn / split or missing you will get a cavitating feeling in the wand.

DAFF