Register free!

Old 04-29-2008, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Heritage Fungicide - Opinions Please

I have acquired (was given to me) a 1 lb bottle of Heritage fungicide. The label on the bottle indicates that Zeneca Professional Products is the manufacturer. After doing some research on the internet, Syngenta Professional Products is the new company. My tall turf fescue has brown spots every year around July and I am looking to apply a preventative fungicide down right now.

Questions:
1. How expensive is this product?
2. Can this product be used as a preventative as well as a curative?
3. How long does the product last before reapplying?
4. Can this product be used in a backpack sprayer?
5. How can it be applied on the entire lawn (my lawn is 24,000 sq. ft.)?
6. Is this product better than Bayleton?
7. What is the application rate?
8. What is the shelf life of this product? Is there an expiration date on the bottle for this product?

Thanks
Old 04-29-2008, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pglover19 View Post
I have acquired (was given to me) a 1 lb bottle of Heritage fungicide. The label on the bottle indicates that Zeneca Professional Products is the manufacturer. After doing some research on the internet, Syngenta Professional Products is the new company. My tall turf fescue has brown spots every year around July and I am looking to apply a preventative fungicide down right now. I'd wait a few weeks to maximize benefits

Questions:
1. How expensive is this product? $400+/LB
2. Can this product be used as a preventative as well as a curative? Preventative is a better use than curative
3. How long does the product last before reapplying? about 28 days depending on weather conditions
4. Can this product be used in a backpack sprayer? As long as you can spray at a volume of 1 gal/1000 or more
5. How can it be applied on the entire lawn (my lawn is 24,000 sq. ft.)? Multiple methods
6. Is this product better than Bayleton? Yes, on patch diseases, anthracnose, not on dollar spot, it is useless against dollar spot
7. What is the application rate? Full rate is 1lb/Acre
8. What is the shelf life of this product? Is there an expiration date on the bottle for this product? It's an old bottle if it says Zeneca, but there's no reason it shouldn't be effective

Thanks
See answers above
Old 04-30-2008, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Agree with all of the above with a stipulation. Heritage is Azoxystrobin which is known to be prone to resistance issues if over applied. Resistance management practices include using Heritage preventively and rotation &/or tank mixing with a non-resistant fungicide where appropriate.

Outstanding fungicide otherwise. Much better than Bayleton in most cases.

Here's the current label for what you have:

http://www.cdms.net/LDat/ld61T010.pdf

Agency price is $394/lb. Normal rate is 1 lb per acre.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It is "lights out" on Rhiz. Brown Patch on Fescue. I've seen no resistance so far but as Tremor said I use a rotation program with other fungicides. Very pricy but worth it for the right client.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Good point Tremor. The resistance issue didn't even cross my mind, as this seemed to me like a one time "I've got this stuff, what can I use it for" situation.

Lots of golf courses out there that have "used up" Heritage...
Old 05-01-2008, 12:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That is what was used on the infield grass at Comerica Park when I worked there in '00 and '01. Imagine the rigors of a turf fungicide that gets applied to turf that gets tarped over if rain is in the forecast. Heritage is the gold standard.