Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-27-2000, 04:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Im getting ready to start a lawn service and I was wondering if the longer I wait the more the prices are going to go up. Do prices drop off after the season?
Old 01-27-2000, 06:50 PM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I'm not sure what price your talking about. I don't think it's the gas price, but it usually goes down in the spring. Mower prices are usually lower in the winter, but sometimes they have good deals at their spring open house sales. I guess I have bought most of mine in the fall. They don't want to have inventory sitting around all winter and that's when we have extra money. It seems like when there is a price hike on mowers, it's usually mid summer. If this wasn't the price you wanted, edit your post and specify what exactly you are asking about. I tried. <p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>
Old 01-27-2000, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Eric,<br> Sorry about not being clear on the topic. I was talking about mower prices. thanks for your help.<br> Dingo
Old 01-28-2000, 11:38 AM
Banned

I have found dealers are more likely to make deals on mower in late fall and winter. Same reason you dont what to buy one in middle of winter less cash flow. They are not moving alot of machines and alot of the machines they might have had in eairly spring are coming offf floor plan which means the dealer has to pay out off packet for that machine. So they are more likly to cut a better deal this time of year if you can swing it. And alot will try to get go 6 months no interest right now to help push you towards buying a machine. So if you are in need start looking and talking to dealers.