Old 05-03-2008, 12:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

i commented on the clippings in a previous reply scroll up
Old 05-03-2008, 12:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by totallawncare25 View Post
i commented on the clippings in a previous reply scroll up
yeah thanks, i do have a set of med lift blades i could try i guess.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:47 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I dont think I ever had an issue with the clippings. just normal stuff compared to my lescos...
Old 05-03-2008, 12:50 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I also have med. lifts on my triton, my dealer told me the high-lifts just create too much lift for that deck or something like that.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Most of the time you will Need to bag to stripe, also you HAve to double cut to stripe.

the Stripers are nothing but a PITA
Old 05-03-2008, 08:43 AM
LawnSite Member

We do not bag and do not double cut to get good stripes.
Big W,
Try and cut the turf at a higher height, say 3.5", this will help with the striping. With mowing at this level, there will be more of the grass blades to lay down and they will bend easier than the grass blades of 2.5"-3". The only downfall is you will have to mow every 6-7 days with no exceptions or it will look pretty overgrown on the 8 day mark.
Question: Did you get off your mower and threaten to kick the other guys a** if he didn't tell you how to stripe better. Sorry man I could not send you 2 post in a row without being a smarta**
Old 05-03-2008, 09:42 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

One cut with the grass over 5" tall, cut to 3", with striping rollers. I'm happy with the finished product. I don't like cutting it over 3", when I see guys cutting it long, it looks good when their finished but within a few days it starts to look over grown.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

BigW, sorry about your luck with the Exmark. I've noticed your having problems here and there. Hope you get them figured out. I know I was heII bent on getting a Exmark until I walked into a local Cub Cadet dealer and saw the Enforcer in person. I paid $5200 for it with a 54" deck, he threw in a extra set of blades as well. 2 year commercial warranty with it too. My only gripe and the dealer said they will look at it but the deck is 3/4in to low. I set the cut height at 3 3/4' to get a 3" cut! Also, the left gas tank is leaking at the cap, it's not cracked, the lip is distorted alittle and will leak when filled. He said he'll order a new one and replace it.Those are the only things I have a problem with as of right now. I'm starting out slow and have cut 20+ lawns in the last 2 weeks with it. Mind you, I'm lazy when it comes to cleaning the deck because of the pita it is to jack it up to get to it. Well, I jacked it up yesterday to clean it and it was already clean! Seriously, the baffles were spotless, nothing built up at all! I was kinda shocked to see it so clean. All the time I thought, man, I need to clean this deck daily (as most say you should do)? Forget that. Now knowing it stays clean for the most part, I'm really liking it now. LOL
Old 05-03-2008, 10:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Big

Have you taken my advise from before yet? Set the rake on the deck to about 1/4. What i mean is have the front of the deck 1/4 inch lower than the back this should do the trick for you.
22" Lawn boy Gold Series
21" John Deere
Redmax EBZ8001
Echo Shred and vac blower
Echo Weed Whip
5x8 utility trailer
99 Chevy Tahoe
Lawn Service Mn
Gas Grills
Lawn Service Circle Pines
Old 05-03-2008, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

The dealer told me my deck should be about 1/16th of an inch rake. I changed it to 3/16th and it made a big difference. Tune the deck in, I think it will get better with a few adjustments. Don't cut below 3 inches. My striping roller is set about 1.5 inches lower then the blades.You don't want to go too low with the stripe roller or it can cause the back of the deck to lift to high on small obstacles and cut uneven on those spots. I figured half of the length of cut I'll be averaging and set the striping roller at that. One other thing I noticed, I haven't scalped any place, yet. I think it has alot to do with the striping roller. The anti-scalping rollers rarely touch.

Last edited by ALC-GregH; 05-03-2008 at 11:41 AM.