Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-05-2008, 02:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Yet another new guy :)

After hours of reading threads on LawnSite, I decided to finally take a minute or two out of my life and register so I could start interacting with the community.

So far, I can truthfully say I have learned much more than I ever thought, in a fairly short timespan, and all of the information I've soaked up from here is practical, useful, and will be put to good use this season.

Anyways, a brief about me: I'm 19 years old, and I live in Windham, NH, a small, southern New Hampshire town, that to put simply - has money. However, there are a lot of individuals who aren't loaded like some of the other residents here, and actually maintain a budget. These same folks are also busy with their office jobs and most of them have landscaping companies maintain their lawns over the spring and summer season.

That's where we come in - my buddy John and I get together every summer and mow lawns for good prices, as well as other stuff like trimming, mulching, weed control, and other fairly basic services.

I'm double majoring in computer science and economics (with a minor in financing) and that keeps me busy throughout the fall and winter, so I like to be outside a lot in the summer - and this year, we are looking to expand our landscaping company, named Green Leaf Landscaping, to a more professional entity that has the equipment and knowlege to service more homes, complete more jobs, and essentially be a better organization.

Trust me, we've come a long way. We used to install mulch (back when we were 13, 14) for $5.00 a cubic yard :P. Finally, after years of learning and trial / error, we're serious about real growth.

You will undoubtedly see a lot of questions from me in the future, so nice to be here and glad to meet you all.

-Sam
Old 05-18-2008, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Member

Welcome to the site! I'm sure you will have lots of questions; try to use the search function to save yourself some pain....there are very knowledgable green industry people on this site.

When a person with money meets a person with experience, the person with experience will get some money and the person with money will get some experience. -Harvery MacKay