Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-29-2010, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Acres per hour

I recently purchased two ride mowers, and a push mower and I was wondering how many acres an hour I will be able to mow with a 3 person crew. In total we will have 9 feet of cutting width between 3 people and 3 different machines.

I was hopeing for about two acres an hour? - Two people on large ride mowers mowing the large grass areas of the yeard while one person uses the push mower by the house, then edges and cleans up (blows).
Old 01-29-2010, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

you could probably do two acres and hour with one providing your good and you don't double cut...you will be fine.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Member

with one what? with one mower? or with one group of 3 with 3 diff mowers? ahaha.

but my crew and myself are def good at not coule cutting and keeping it very efficient.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

here check this out. http://www.cubcadet.com/webapp/wcs/s...esPerHour.html
Old 01-29-2010, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Well you just asked in another thread what to buy with 25K for mowers etc. Did you already buy them? If so what did you buy? There is a difference in productivity between a garden tractor and a Super Z.

Tell us your set up and someone will most likely know what to expect for productivity.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Member

welllllllllllllllll I have the money to buy the equiptment, and am going to get roughly 8-10 feet of cutting width, but I have no purchased the equiptment yet. I am finishing up the winter season of snowremoval then in April buying my new equiptment with the money I made in the winter. So far I've got 18K saved and am half way through the winter. But yea I'm going to be doing residential mowing, houses varying from 1 acre - 5 acres.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djagusch View Post
There is a difference in productivity between a garden tractor and a Super Z..
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryLawnSalon View Post
welllllllllllllllll I have the money to buy the equiptment, and am going to get roughly 8-10 feet of cutting width, but I have no purchased the equiptment yet. I am finishing up the winter season of snowremoval then in April buying my new equiptment with the money I made in the winter. So far I've got 18K saved and am half way through the winter. But yea I'm going to be doing residential mowing, houses varying from 1 acre - 5 acres.
So if you buy a garden tractor I have no idea as I have no experience with that.

For a 61" Zero turn (10mph kind) 2.5 acres/hr in a resi setting, 72" Super Z(15mph mower) 4 acres/hr. For a 48" w/b my guy does a 12 acre cemetery in 12 hrs.

You are asking a very general question with way to many variables. It doesn't matter if you have money if you don't spend it wisely for your accounts (example would be buying a 72" mower for 1/2 acre yards or a garden tractor for a 5 acre place. Inner city resi's are different than the 1 acre resi's I'm around, gates, trees, etc. make a difference also.

Most manufactures have on the websites a productivity section that shows you what to expect. I would say that they are close for a guy that has experience mowing. I would start there.

Do you have any idea of what you are going to buy?
Old 01-29-2010, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

with one commercial zero turn mower ie. scag, exmark, gravely. not a home-owner rider you won't get anything accomplished but a lot of funny looks!!
Old 01-29-2010, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney3223 View Post
you could probably do two acres and hour with one providing your good and you don't double cut...you will be fine.
No way...................

Tags
acres , hour , mow , trim