Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-14-2001, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

for the roundup list

A sprinkler installer I know finally got a customer to pay his bill by threatening to pour roundup into the system at the backflow valve. He got paid the next day :blob3:
Old 12-15-2001, 12:19 AM
Banned

LOL!!!!
Old 12-15-2001, 12:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Back to the original question, the only thing I could suggest is listen to the news... The first thing is that people have not been going out in the same frequency they were before 9-11 or at this time, last year.

And the other report is that online sales are through the roof this year, with many electing to do their shopping online, rather then trudge out to a mall, etc..

So, you have a part of the population that is sitting home right now, alot more so than last year.

Maybe some of those same people are sitting home, looking out the window, seeing the leaves laying there and they wanna complain about them, whereas last year, they were too busy going out doing this, that, and shopping...

Just a thought because I just heard both reports on the news in the last 2 days...

GH
Old 12-15-2001, 01:05 AM
casey

Some customers are just ignorant when it comes to what is involved in leaf clean-ups. We do a 2 hr. job, a day later customer calls & complains because there are leaves on their lawn that have fallen since the clean-up was done. Customer goes out, rakes for 20 min. & believes he has done the brunt of the work. Indignation for over billing for the initial clean-up follows. This type of customer is immediately dropped for next years service & depending on the extremity of rudeness in their contacts with me, varying degrees of retribution are occasionally required.
Old 12-15-2001, 01:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by casey
Some customers are just ignorant when it comes to what is involved in leaf clean-ups. We do a 2 hr. job, a day later customer calls & complains because there are leaves on their lawn that have fallen since the clean-up was done. Customer goes out, rakes for 20 min. & believes he has done the brunt of the work. Indignation for over billing for the initial clean-up follows. This type of customer is immediately dropped for next years service & depending on the extremity of rudeness in their contacts with me, varying degrees of retribution are occasionally required.
Retribution? Now that is a really professional approach.

I would have to believe that most forms of retribution (round up, or any of the other things mentioned here and on other posts) would probably be, oh, lets see, maybe against the law.

Why don't you just beat up the customer or burn their house down? That would really get the point across.

Grow up!
Old 12-15-2001, 05:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Welcome to the club. Like some one has said already you can always go to Mcdonalds and get a job.
Old 12-15-2001, 06:44 PM
casey

Quote:
Originally posted by Randy
you can always go to Mcdonalds and get a job.
And invoke my right to refuse to service to problem customers, & actively seek reinbursement for services performed.