Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 05-12-2008, 08:48 PM
Wet_Boots's Avatar
Wet_Boots Wet_Boots is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: metro NYC
Posts: 39,523
Wasn't there a Tony Bennett song that went ~

"I left my brain,
in Crawford, Texas..."
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-12-2008, 09:03 PM
irrig8r irrig8r is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 4,545
Ah do believe that there was a Bob Wills number....

__________________
Landscaper. Irrigator. Illuminator. Music lover. Coffee drinker.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-12-2008, 09:23 PM
Wet_Boots's Avatar
Wet_Boots Wet_Boots is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: metro NYC
Posts: 39,523
them Texas Playboys is all alike
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-13-2008, 07:15 AM
FIMCO-MEISTER's Avatar
FIMCO-MEISTER FIMCO-MEISTER is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Red State America
Posts: 18,734
We use HA - HA pipe here as well. It's amazing how jealous the rest of the country is of Texas
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-13-2008, 07:30 AM
DanaMac's Avatar
DanaMac DanaMac is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Somewhere in the state of CO
Posts: 13,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
It's amazing how jealous the rest of the country is of Texas
Oh now it's on brotha.

Jealous? You need a bigger cowboy hat for that inflated noggin of yours. Texans overcompensate their affection for Texas. Hugely populated cities? Colorado gets overrun at the ski resorts with Texans because they can't stand the flat lands any more. And those disappearing valves in the yard on a mainline? and licensing? And... And... you stole a classic hockey team many years ago. puh-leeeeze. yeah we're real jealous.

Hey, you started it. I'm just playin' along
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-13-2008, 07:55 AM
FIMCO-MEISTER's Avatar
FIMCO-MEISTER FIMCO-MEISTER is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Red State America
Posts: 18,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMac View Post
Oh now it's on brotha.

Jealous? You need a bigger cowboy hat for that inflated noggin of yours. Texans overcompensate their affection for Texas. Hugely populated cities? Colorado gets overrun at the ski resorts with Texans because they can't stand the flat lands any more. And those disappearing valves in the yard on a mainline? and licensing? And... And... you stole a classic hockey team many years ago. puh-leeeeze. yeah we're real jealous.

Hey, you started it. I'm just playin' along
I know. We Texans love to hear Texas bashing. To us its water off a duck's back. Better to be hated than ignored.

Lot of CA people in CO as well. Doesn't Striesand have a place in Aspen? How Gross. We'll never have to worry about B.S. coming to Texas.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-13-2008, 09:02 AM
irrig8r irrig8r is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 4,545
Heck, I'm not bashing Texas.

I am jealous of the music scene in Austin... (is Austin really considered part of Texas by folks in Dallas and other parts?)

And I'd love to try some of that real Texas chili.

And I've wanted an American Fat Strat Texas Special guitar from the first time I heard one...

Somehow the closest I've ever come to Texas was Truth or Consequences, New Mexico... about 30 years ago...
__________________
Landscaper. Irrigator. Illuminator. Music lover. Coffee drinker.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-13-2008, 09:07 AM
Wet_Boots's Avatar
Wet_Boots Wet_Boots is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: metro NYC
Posts: 39,523
Try some of the Tigua reservation cafeteria green chili - your lips may fall off.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-13-2008, 09:13 AM
FIMCO-MEISTER's Avatar
FIMCO-MEISTER FIMCO-MEISTER is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Red State America
Posts: 18,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by irrig8r View Post
Heck, I'm not bashing Texas.

I am jealous of the music scene in Austin... (is Austin really considered part of Texas by folks in Dallas and other parts?)

And I'd love to try some of that real Texas chili.

And I've wanted an American Fat Strat Texas Special guitar from the first time I heard one...

Somehow the closest I've ever come to Texas was Truth or Consequences, New Mexico... about 30 years ago...
We love AUSTIN. Think of it as our funny eccentric Uncle.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-15-2008, 08:18 AM
DanaMac's Avatar
DanaMac DanaMac is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Somewhere in the state of CO
Posts: 13,036
Raining here (Thursday May 14th) since 1:00 AM. Little bit of snow at my house now. High 50 today. Monday, 83.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:26 AM.

Page generated in 0.07421 seconds with 7 queries