Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-22-2000, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I purchased an exmark turftracer with a kawasaki 19 horse and i payed 5700.00 before taxes. Just wondering if i overpayed and If there is a place where i can get them cheaper . I know its not wise to but I would still investigate my options just to get an idea. Maybe it might be worth buying a mower through mail order if they are 15 to 20- percent cheaper. Appreciate the Info.
Old 01-22-2000, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I havn't seen an Exmark mailorder. I think you did just fine. There is no way you can buy a Lazer Z for 20% less ($4560)
Old 01-23-2000, 09:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

But the mower i bought is a walkbehind not a lazer Z. Did i over pay for the 60" hydro walkbehind and would like to find out how much a lazer 52" should cost?
Old 01-23-2000, 09:44 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm sorry, everybody's talking ZTR, (I thought you were talking Lazer Z HP) I didn't think there were any smart guys still buying walk-behinds. I have those exact machines w/ the 19 Kaw. That's exactly what I paid for them: $5700.00. You do have a Jungle Wheel for that, right?<p>I know what the exact dealer cost is on those, and let me assure you: forget about the 20% and they just won't do the 10% off. They list at $5995.00, right?<p>
Old 01-23-2000, 09:54 AM
Banned

You have to decide if you paid too much. I can tell you that I have a brochure in front of me that is selling a Toro Z-255 62&quot; w/ 25 Kohler for $6300. This is a full-size zero turn rider. There are other makes which are within a couple hundred dollars in the brochure. It kills me when I hear these guys say &quot;I paid $7800 plus tax, or whatever.<p>I had a dealer tell me they were the biggest dealer in the state for TORO, and that they couldn't be offering the same mower we are for just under $9000. He thought I just rolled off the turnip truck, apparently. <p>NO BRAND is worth $2000 or more than another similar machine. Anyone who wants this info, email me. I'd be glad to help you out. I'm tired of people taking advantage of others and trying to take advantage of me. If one or two dealers can sell them for this price, anyone can. The prices to individual dealers are the same, no matter how many they sell. Just food for thought.<p>John
Old 01-23-2000, 10:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

John,<br> where is the dealer that you mentioned selling the Toro Z Master 255 with 62&quot; deck from? Could you email me the copy of the brochure so I can compare it to my local dealer. Love dangling things like that in front of them when buying stuff. They are all like used car salesman. Will be nice when items like these can be sold over the internet. Competition on dealer pricing would be great. They do it with cars (autobytel) why not with lawn equipment? Having thousands of dealers competing for your business certainly makes them sharpen their pencils!<p>Mike <br>LBMD1@yahoo.com
Old 01-23-2000, 10:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

John I would also like to get info on that dealership if possible. I am also tired of the used car salesman thing and I will also use the price as a comparison when purchasing.
Old 01-23-2000, 10:59 AM
Banned

Sent you both the info, hope it helps. I doubt you will find too many others willing to sell for this price. Even at the show, ExMark was asking much higher prices. The Toro is identical other than the deck, which is a good deck as well. As I say, these mowers are all comparable in materials and workmanship. Some have nicer features than others, but not $2000 or more worth of features.<p>John<p>----------<br>http://www.delphi.com/lawn/start<br>Professional Lawncare Maintenance Contractor's Forum
Old 01-23-2000, 11:52 AM
LawnSite Member

I too, would like to receive that ad. I am going to buy a 25 hp 60&quot; ZTR and also a 48&quot; hydro walk behind soon. This would aid in my price search. Thank you.<p>----------<br>Bryan..Heartland Lawn Care<br>heartlandlawn@hotmail.com
Old 01-23-2000, 01:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

that sound reasonable. I bought a 52 inch 18hp Kohler TT hydro in 96 for $5400 with a mulching kit.<p>Bill