Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-14-2008, 09:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Stolen equipment has it happened to you?

Hi all I was wondering if your equipment has been stolen before or not? I personally have not have my equipment stolen but some places i use to work have had there's stolen. One time a guy broke into are storage area and took everything in there including chain saws, trimmers, mowers, blowers, tools and hedge trimmers. it totally sucked and the company had to buy all new stuff and spent lots of money just so we could continue our work.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:49 PM
LawnSite Member

no one has had it happen?
Old 05-14-2008, 02:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Yardtamers

It happened to me last year!! I was mowing on a roadside and had parked my truck and trailer at the corner .When I go to get in the cage to get my weedeater ...guess what ??? My weedeaters and my stick edger were gone!! My truck was right across from a fire station and right in front of a house!! Somebody had balls!! If I find out who took my stuff, they won't have them any more !! Anyway its a shame that lazy people steal from us working people!! They will get what is coming to them, Karma is a *****!!
Old 05-14-2008, 02:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Brand new Huscky chain saw stolen out of my truck last year.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:23 PM
LawnSite Member

that sucks
Old 05-14-2008, 02:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

We had an echp PB-400 that blew up after years and years of hard use so my father decided to see just how long it could sit in front of our garage before somebody took it.

Next morning it was gone!

We had a backpack stolen off our trailer in a neighborhood that we cut 8 lawns in.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 05-14-2008, 02:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

there's a thread on here somewhere about a guy catching a bum trying to steal something off his trailer while it was parked in a lowe's or home depot parking lot. He came out of the store, caught the guy, beat the crap out of him and the whole thing was caught on the store security cam if I remember right.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
We had an echp PB-400 that blew up after years and years of hard use so my father decided to see just how long it could sit in front of our garage before somebody took it.

Next morning it was gone!

We had a backpack stolen off our trailer in a neighborhood that we cut 8 lawns in.
Maybe I ought to try that with our Husqvarna chainsaw. I know they have a great reputation, but ours is junk. Leaks bar oil all over the case, cuts slower than a beaver (right after the chain was sharpened), and won't crank after using it for a little while. I bought an Echo CS-370 last week, filled it up with oil and left it in the case a couple of days, and there's no oil in the case. Cuts like a sawmill and cranks on 2-3 pulls.

I have bicycle locks in my toolbox that I use to lock everything up if I'm going to be away from the truck/trailer.

www.tomberlawn.com
Old 05-14-2008, 05:03 PM
LawnSite Member

[QUOTe
I have bicycle locks in my toolbox that I use to lock everything up if I'm going to be away from the truck/trailer.[/QUOTE]

Locks are for honest people. I had my shop broken into. stole everything they could carry. Weed eaters, edgers. blowers and assorted hand tools. I had a blower stolen from the LOCKED rack on the trailer once. I couldn't have been more than 15 feet away when it happened. Just working away and didn't turn in time to catch to lazy bum stealing it. Ballsy, thats all I'll say
Old 05-14-2008, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I once had a couple of guys come by a house I was cutting trying to sell me back my blower they stole from me the week prior. When they saw my face go red, they darted (tumbled) down a ravine I wouldnt have scaled down with a tether-realizing they took it from me. Pricks were lucky I wasn't in the mood to chase after them. A buddy of mine had oneo f his trucks and trailers stolen right out of his yard-they drove the truck right through the gates. In every instance, the cops would find the truck and trailer a few days later on a a side road. They stole and he bought 8 new kubota ZTR's that year. My yard is fully fenced and it occupies 2 german sheppards. If they really want something, they gotta get through them first. Heres a pic of my last two sheppards at my old yard. These guys are in puppy heaven now-I miss them alot.
Name:  May 11 2004 017.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  133.9 KB