Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-25-2000, 08:46 AM
jeffclc

I try do do whatever my customers ask, as long as I feel confident that I can do it properly. I like bieng diverse. It has many benefits.<p>If the market becomes saturated in one speciality, ie. mowing, I have the other work to fall back on. <p>My sustomers also don't have to try to get someone different to do each thing in their yard. Seems likr they like to only have to deal with one company.<p>So the list goes:<br>Mowing, Trimming Edging, Shrub trimming, Fertlizing, mulching, small tree and stump removal, aerating, de thatching, overseeding, lawn renovations, snow plowing, salting, roto tilling, sod, landscape renovation, and the list goes on and on.<p>The only thing that I really don't dabble much into is hardscaping, sidewalks, retaining walls, ect. I also don't do much excivation work, but most of my customers are established residenses, and don't really need any of these services.
Old 01-25-2000, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

lbmd1,<br>We plow 20-22 times per winter average. Last year was light with 13, I think. This winter's been light with 7 so far.<p>Anyway, we have fixed contracts on all our sites, The weather really doesn't affect us finacially. In snow removal 85% of our costs are fixed: Insurance, truck payments, communication, employees draw a fixed base salary, etc. <br>The only additional expense is fuel, some more wear and tear and possibly some overtime. But those additional expenses of plowing are offset by the salting afetr each plow.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Standard weekly service: mow, edge, weedeat, blow. We also aerate, spray weeds in lawn, fertilize, clean up leaves, spray weeds around yard, and weed. I talked to another business in town that is happy to take my irrigation requests and bush trimming requests that I get a fair number of. It works out well for us.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:45 AM
LawnSite Member

I do gutter cleaning and leaf removal in the fall, I only offer it from September-November. I have pressure washed some of my customers house's, mostly the ones that are really nice. We also mow a lot of banks, ditch lines, and steep hillsides. Mostly with weedeaters,as you can't get any kind of mower on 90% of them. Most of the LCOs around here don't like to tackle the hardcore weedeating, but I make quite a bit of extra money doing it. We don't get a lot of snow in the winter or I would offer snow removal too.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:39 PM
LawnSite Member

I do full installs, full service maintence from mowing, pruning, fertilization, leaf clean up and i do concrete work (some decorative) for home owners and a home builder.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedar Lawn Care View Post
Standard weekly service: mow, edge, weedeat, blow. We also aerate, spray weeds in lawn, fertilize, clean up leaves, spray weeds around yard, and weed. I talked to another business in town that is happy to take my irrigation requests and bush trimming requests that I get a fair number of. It works out well for us.
You dug that deep to bring up a 13 year old thread to tell members that you do the basic lawn maintenance? If you went back that far, you HAD to run across 500 threads asking the exactly same thing. I'm surprised you didn't resurrect a "newer" thread.