Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-21-2008, 08:23 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Stealth spreader

Ok anybody know where the Phantom spreader is from Turrco? It's slmost June and haven't seen hide nor hair!!!
Old 05-21-2008, 08:36 AM
LawnSite Member

Here we go again. You just had to ask.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

No I'm not trying to stir the pot I would have thought that by June the public would have seen one by now. I think the only ones to have seen it are the ones with the highest security clearance. Seriously I would like to see one without having to buy one. Never heard of that type of marketing.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I expect news very very soon, but you can demo one in the meantime. PM me & I will give you a number to call where you can get many details. We've been using one for a month & a half now. Our prob is we have enough accounts that we need two of them, so we pulled one of our PG's out & used it too.........after 2 days, the person running the PG said she would rather push-spread & spot spray the lawns. She wants a TURFCO T3000 too, cuz she has seen what it does. We plan to get another one after everybody else gets their first unit.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:12 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I know a guy nearby who has one. I am going to take a look one of these rainy days. I am very interested to see its capabilities and limitations. Also how it needs to be redesigned.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandview View Post
I know a guy nearby who has one. I am going to take a look one of these rainy days. I am very interested to see its capabilities and limitations. Also how it needs to be redesigned.
Personally, I don't think it needs to be redesigned. The T3000 is easy to clean & maintain, nearly no breakdowns for 2 or more years? We've use it on 4000 sq ft lawns as well as 18 acre properties. It spreads & sprays nicely, plus options regarding small vs big areas. Takes hills up & down safely & at a consistant speed. The kicker is that you can carry it on a pickup truck carrier rack -- a drawback with the Z-Spray. Combine all this with TURFCO's "instant ship out" of parts if you need 'em.

We "reparked" our PG's back in the warehouse, so they are still for sale. PM me if you are interested.

If we ever get a "rain day", we plan to mount a Richway foam marker on our T3000.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We love our T3000 unit as well. Want to know more, call...

Larry, we missed you today, how come you didn't tap into the confrence call? I was super interested to hear what you had to say and also wanted to share and hear some numbers with you. Call me if you get a free chance.