Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-22-2008, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Adams View Post
I mean, cmon, if the human brain is that powerful, think of the amazing things we are truly capable of.
In my opinion you don't want to mess with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Adams View Post
Have you ever heard of anything like this? Do you know of anyone with multiple personality disorder?

I am still in disbelief...
What I find hard to believe is that doctors have no accurate way to determine the actual disorder, so while treatment
exists one wonders about the actual success rate, if I dare say the only reason people with these disorders ever
recover is due to making a conscious choice to do so out of sheer fear of what treatment they'll think of next.
Or at least that has been my experience.

The problem is that it is hard to understand, if for no other reason than a complete comprehension would
likely also involve that person's complete immersion into the very insanity that causes the dysfunction,
so to this day it remains a gray area and likely will stay this way for some time.

So basically those who are there can not explain it to us in ways we would understand, those who have
been there don't want to talk about it, and those who have never been just don't get it.

Because it could be anything along the lines of schizophrenia, bipolar mania, manic
depression and so on, they are all closely related and I think there may be a few others,
but the only thing I know for sure is that it is a type of psychosis, or a mental illness.

This stuff is not a gift, it's not something wonderful or amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasswhacker View Post
It's been around a long time............it's called demon possession.
Yes, there's an angle of that to it as well.

Last edited by topsites; 10-22-2008 at 10:01 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:39 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

There are many things that I think are more spiritual disorders than anything. I think that split personality disorder or multiple personality disorder is demonic possession. We live in world directly effected by the spiritual realm if that is what you call it. Basically influenced be Satan. All native Americans and any third world country religion knows Satan's power. They base there whole region on explaining what goes on. I know a couple of Native Americans and there are some weird stuff that goes on. They are now Christian's but still have to deal with so much stuff. The one girl see's faces in walls. Her mother and grandmother see the same things. She has lost a lot of her memory of before she was a Christan. She only remembered the good things that happened. She used to have a boy friend and she does not remember any of that. Her sisters said that she used to be scary evil, but she don't remember that. The Native Americans have what they call skin walkers. The are people who have a animal skin draped over there body and then turn into that animal any time they want to. A missionary to the Indians that i know said that her friend was in a grocery store and there were many of these things walking around and chased her out of the place. She said that they made a real funny noise. The missionary that i know said that during the Indian rituals tepees would launch off and go flying into the air. The one Indian that I know was involved in witchcraft. I can't imagine the things that went on there.

The world is a scary place and many people don't have a clue on half the things that go on. Even the most knowledgeable person does not even anything on how the world operates and nothing when it comes to the spiritual things.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:42 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
There are many things that I think are more spiritual disorders than anything. I think that split personality disorder or multiple personality disorder is demonic possession. We live in world directly effected by the spiritual realm if that is what you call it. Basically influenced be Satan. All native Americans and any third world country religion knows Satan's power. They base there whole region on explaining what goes on. I know a couple of Native Americans and there are some weird stuff that goes on. They are now Christian's but still have to deal with so much stuff. The one girl see's faces in walls. Her mother and grandmother see the same things. She has lost a lot of her memory of before she was a Christan. She only remembered the good things that happened. She used to have a boy friend and she does not remember any of that. Her sisters said that she used to be scary evil, but she don't remember that. The Native Americans have what they call skin walkers. The are people who have a animal skin draped over there body and then turn into that animal any time they want to. A missionary to the Indians that i know said that her friend was in a grocery store and there were many of these things walking around and chased her out of the place. She said that they made a real funny noise. The missionary that i know said that during the Indian rituals tepees would launch off and go flying into the air. The one Indian that I know was involved in witchcraft. I can't imagine the things that went on there.

The world is a scary place and many people don't have a clue on half the things that go on. Even the most knowledgeable person does not even anything on how the world operates and nothing when it comes to the spiritual things.
I'm a CDIB card carrying Creek Indian, raised in a Creek Indian home by Creek Indian parents and Grandparents. Everything you posted about American Indians is absolute BS, made up by Hollywood and the warped mind of the uneducated and ill informed. Missionaries to we "savages" have been making up far out stories and flat out lies about us for generations to further their own agenda of Christian conversion and the suppression of our culture, you are no better than they by not educating yourself and propagating this twisted view of the American Indian. Frankly, it's insulting and offensive, so grow up and stop it.
2010 Lesco 36" Hydro Walk Behind
2010 TroyBuilt 21" Push (Honda Engine)
2010 Stihl FS110R Line Trimmer
2010 Stihl 90Z Edger
2010 Stihl HS45 Hedge Trimmer
2010 Stihl BR550 Blower
2009 Stihl MS210 Chain Saw
Old 08-11-2010, 11:56 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlerRider View Post
I'm a CDIB card carrying Creek Indian, raised in a Creek Indian home by Creek Indian parents and Grandparents. Everything you posted about American Indians is absolute BS, made up by Hollywood and the warped mind of the uneducated and ill informed. Missionaries to we "savages" have been making up far out stories and flat out lies about us for generations to further their own agenda of Christian conversion and the suppression of our culture, you are no better than they by not educating yourself and propagating this twisted view of the American Indian. Frankly, it's insulting and offensive, so grow up and stop it.

well this came straight from a missionary to Navajo Indians, and a Navajo Indian herself who's grandmother is deeply involved in witchcraft.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:07 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
perhaps you should read this http://www.proteuscoven.org/proteus/Navajo.htm
I am not saying that every tribe is the same. The Haitians are way more scary than any Navajo.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
perhaps you should read this http://www.proteuscoven.org/proteus/Navajo.htm
I am not saying that every tribe is the same. The Haitians are way more scary than any Navajo.
The Twilight series has sold millions of copies, it too, is a work of fiction.
2010 Stihl 90Z Edger
2010 Stihl BR550 Blower
Old 08-11-2010, 12:44 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
The Twilight series has sold millions of copies, it too, is a work of fiction.
never read it. So your telling me 60 million people practice voodoo worldwide and untold millions practice witchcraft worldwide and think it does absolutely nothing? Even the Bible talks about its dangers.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
never read it. So your telling me 60 million people practice voodoo worldwide and untold millions practice witchcraft worldwide and think it does absolutely nothing? Even the Bible talks about its dangers.
No, I couldn't care less what delusional religion yourself or the untold masses practise. Fiction sells, and all this stuff you're posting as fact about American Indians is pure fiction, trust me, I've been one for over 45 years. That's all I have to say about this, I won't debate it further.
2010 Stihl 90Z Edger
2010 Stihl BR550 Blower
Old 08-11-2010, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
No, I couldn't care less what delusional religion yourself or the untold masses practise. Fiction sells, and all this stuff you're posting as fact about American Indians is pure fiction, trust me, I've been one for over 45 years. That's all I have to say about this, I won't debate it further.
your the first atheist native American I have ever came across, so your telling me you all don't believe in any after life at all?
Old 08-14-2010, 01:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have my degrees in Psychology and many therapists do not consider MPD or DID a real disease. I believe it was discovered around 95. Since then, the media has really grabbed it by the horns, and we started seeing many more cases after the book Cybil. Also, it is commonly used in a court of law to try and escape punishment. Furthermore, it is difficult to diagnose and hard to treat
The majority of diagnosis come from a handful of therapists. It is also believed that a majority of us have multiple personalties, but on a smaller level.

The believers say it comes from a trauma (molestation, abuse, etc) where the person cannot take it anymore and uses an alter ego as a coping mechanism.

Their are a few good therapy sessions on youtube that show it. It is fascinating to watch