Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-21-2000, 12:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Wow..stumbled on this site the other day. What a great site first of all!<br>I'm a 2 year old business with aspirations of growing into a mid size to large company.I'm having a hard time coming up with a decent logo..i have one now ..but it's corny and i'm in the process of putting a advertising campaign together..and was wondering if anyone has any ideas.<p>Thanks<p>----------<br>rick<br>slager
Old 01-23-2000, 09:16 AM
LawnSite Member

Hi Rick,I had the same problem but I finally came up with something on my own.I played around in the paint brush program until I found something I could live with.If you aren't creative or just need a professional I suggest this web site: Http://www.1800mylogo.com/.They have some fair prices.I considered them myself.I hope this helps.John
Old 01-23-2000, 09:42 AM

Hello Slager Lawn Care:<p> I don't know if this will help, I scarf up phone books when ever I get a chance you wouldn't believe how handy they are.<p> I would go through the yellow pages not just Lawn & Landscaping but a lot of different headings. You might find one you like or get a general idea of what you want.<p> Then do as CustomCutLawnsLLC said & just play around with it till you get what you want with a Graphics program. <p>I use PSP 6.01 I got it for Christmas, I downloaded from some site I cant remember. I paid maybe $75 for it & it is better than any 2 0r 3 hundred dollar programs I think. <p>Why because I have all 3 & they are junk compaired PSP6.01. I don't even use the others anymore. BTW the program can help you with other things too.<p><p>----------<br>GrassMaster - Have a nice day!!!!!<br>http://www.lawnservicing.com
Old 01-24-2000, 03:21 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Those are all great ideas. I'd just add one more suggestion;<p>Try letting a sign shop make you one. Chances are you need to put the logo on signs, trucks, etc. anyway. So go to a local lettering / sign shop and tell them that you are interested in having some signs, truck lettering/logo made but that you don't have any ideas for a logo. Ask them to come up with a few ideas and then come back in a few days. That's what I did from the beginning. I like the first design he showed me and we've been doing business ever since. The design was free (as I was buying the lettering and signs from him) and it was exactly what I was looking for. Simple and easy on the eyes. <p>Also, remember you don't have to have a little picture or symbol to have a great logo. Sometimes, just words in a certain order are great. <p>See this page;<br>http://www.proturfcenter.com/<br>There are three logos on that page. The one at the top and two at the bottom for other companies. Only the top one relied on a sybol heavily. The others looked great just with letters put in a unique way. The best logo there in my opinion is the BEST logo, which had no symbols or graphics. Just a cool lettering job. <p>----------<br>Jim Lewis - Lewis Landscape Services<br>http://www.lewislandscape.com