Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-04-2010, 09:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Cheapper to get new engine then to try and repair.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crook038 View Post
I just traveled down this road with my fh680d motor. The bushing in the case and the cover are the same size. You can order the bushing from Kawasaki and replace it your self and save big $. If your replacing the bushing in the case cover it is relatively easy. Disassemble the engine to the point where you can remove the case cover. Remove the retaining ring after pulling the oil seal out. Cut a groove in the old bushing so that you have a step to seat an old chisel or drift on so you can force it out from the inside pushing out. Now clean everything well and press in the new bushing so it sits just below the retaining ring, replace the retaining ring and oil seal. Reassemble after you check the crank for any rough spots, polish with 1600 sand paper. If you need to replace the bushing in the crank case you need to disassemble the whole engine and follow the above procedure. The crank case bushing does not have a retaining ring, it is an interference fit. BOTH BUSHINGS ARE THE SAME SIZE! Kawasaki 92139-7009 Here are some pictures.
So you had to replace the lower bushing and not the upper (flywheel side) bushing?
Old 03-05-2010, 02:59 PM
LawnSite Member

I replaced both because they did show signs of wear. I had the whole engine torn down so it was just as easy to do both at the same time. They are both the same size and part number. Each bushing was less then $10. With a little effort I was able to save myself the cost of a new engine.
Sean
Old 03-08-2010, 08:25 AM
LawnSite Member

Fyi those bushings fail or wear do to undersized oil journals, and under sized gerotor gear in oil pump. So if u did not solve both theses issues when u replaced bushings u will see this problem again in the fufture. Kawasaki knows of this problem and has solved it with larger journals and bigger gear.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Member

The more I think about this, the less confident I am that a simple bushing replacement will be anything other than a temporary fix. If the production clearances only managed to last 380 hours, I sure wouldn't expect that many from a new bushing on a crank that's already been wobbling about, potentially screwing up everything from the crank to the rods.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Member

fh680v-aso1 Bushing

I have a fh680v-aso1 kawaski 23 hp motor that the top end bushing went out. The crankshaft doesn't have any scaring so i would do fine with a new bushing and i figure i might as well replace the 2 bushings in the bottom end while im at it. Does anyone know where i can find them.

Thanks Hunter
Old 08-20-2012, 08:46 AM
LawnSite Member

http://www.psep2.biz/pages/oemparts#/s/KWE//92139-7009
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-20-2012, 09:57 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks. but what about the bushings for the bottem. they are not the same size and no matter where i look the bushings are not shown in the parts list or in the diagrams.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Kawa Engine Bushings... Again!!??

Hey Y'all, what timing, can't believe this is coming up again, doing an engine in the garage right now & was looking all over for the P#'s. Doesn't seem like it was 2008 since we talked about this. Anyway, couldn't find the #'s and an e-mail comes in my box, (I do believe in ghosts, I do believe in ghosts). If the numbers are the same for both bushings, great, if different I'll stay in touch, got away from Lawnsite for awhile, (got too smart) that was a big mistake. Thanks All