Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-25-2008, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Checked out the BadBoy mowers

I was in MI this weekend for a wedding, and had time to kill. So I looked up the nearest Badboy dealer. I was impressed. What a simple but effective desine. Would be so easy to clean as there is no nooks and crannies to get clogged up. Very easy to preform work/maintenance. Took it for a spin in his parking lot and lawn. Was fast, but not as smooth as my ferris. Couldnt test the cut, lawn was cut already. It was a Lightning with a 26 lc kaw.

I hope a dealer comes to my area. Very nice machine.....
Old 05-25-2008, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

they're setting new dealers up all the time. Its only a matter of time!
Old 05-25-2008, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

no local BB dealers here in memphis, So as I have said no service after the sale, what a Joke
Old 05-25-2008, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Be patient my friend, they will be there its only a matter of time. There are dealers around us begging to sell them....lol. There are orange mowers running around everywhere here.......We had a guy from both Tyler and Plano Tx drive over last week and pick some up, both were around 3 hours away. They weren't really worried about getting them serviced, because they have heard the unusual stories about how BB goes out of their way to make customers happy, plus i mean these things are so simple to work on, anyone could do it. We swapped an engine on one the other day, all we did was take 4 bolts of the back end, and the whole back panel just came right off, after doing that it took me prolly a total of 30 minutes to do the swap! It takes about 2 minutes to put a belt on these things, and talk about easy to grease and change the fluids, everything just opens right up. Your local idiot that fixes push mowers in his back yard could prolly do everything you have to do one of these....its so easy, all while you could just call the factory parts department direct, and have parts overnighted to your house.......or your local idiots house for all that matters....lol I drove 3 hours to pick my first Bad Boy up, and I had no doubt in my mind when leaving that if I was down, that dealer (or the factory) would do everything possible to get me up again.

13 Gravely 460 60" 31hp
13 BB AOS 35hp 4 cylinder Cat 72"
13 BB XP 31hp Kawasaki 61", 13' 36hp 61 xp
2013 Grasshopper 325D 61" 4x rear discharge w/suspension forks !Awesome!
13 GH 725D Rear Discharge 61" 13' 430D 72"
07 Bad Boy Lightning 52 inch with 26hp LC Kawasaki (just hit 3000 hours and going strong after rolling down the road and totaling out at 22 hours!)
2012 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4 Custom!
08 Chevy 1500 v8 Shop dog
"Mow With an Attitude"
Old 05-26-2008, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

not going to drive three hours for any mower? so you recommend idiots work on BB or Cat diesel, sounds like excuse's for lack of dealerships, and support I hear what your saying, but listen to what i am am saying if i had or have a problem with a Kubota diesel, Scag, John deere or walker I can, and have taken it to the local dealer trained service tech no backyard shop with uneducated dude or BS, and I'm back mowing the same day limited loss of time or money. I visited the BB website again looking at the AOS 35hp cat diesel looks like their financing through a small local bank, and no clear interest rate??. The light kit looks too small for the night mowing I do, yes their HID's, but nothing replaces large lights
Old 05-26-2008, 12:19 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosparkplugs View Post
not going to drive three hours for any mower? so you recommend idiots work on BB or Cat diesel, sounds like excuse's for lack of dealerships, and support I hear what your saying, but listen to what i am am saying if i had or have a problem with a Kubota diesel, Scag, John deere or walker I can, and have taken it to the local dealer trained service tech no backyard shop with uneducated dude or BS, and I'm back mowing the same day limited loss of time or money. I visited the BB website again looking at the AOS 35hp cat diesel looks like their financing through a small local bank, and no clear interest rate??. The light kit looks too small for the night mowing I do, yes their HID's, but nothing replaces large lights
0% for 2 years, 2.9% 3 years......6.9% for 5 years

13 Gravely 460 60" 31hp
13 BB AOS 35hp 4 cylinder Cat 72"
13 BB XP 31hp Kawasaki 61", 13' 36hp 61 xp
2013 Grasshopper 325D 61" 4x rear discharge w/suspension forks !Awesome!
13 GH 725D Rear Discharge 61" 13' 430D 72"
07 Bad Boy Lightning 52 inch with 26hp LC Kawasaki (just hit 3000 hours and going strong after rolling down the road and totaling out at 22 hours!)
2012 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4 Custom!
08 Chevy 1500 v8 Shop dog
"Mow With an Attitude"
Old 05-26-2008, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosparkplugs View Post
so you recommend idiots work on BB or Cat diesel, sounds like excuse's for lack of dealerships, I hear what your saying, but listen to what i am am saying if i had or have a problem with a Kubota diesel, Scag, John deere or walker I can, and have take it to the local dealer trained service tech no backyard shop with uneducated dude or BS, and I'm back mowing the same day limited loss of time or money. I visited the BB website again looking at the AOS 35hp cat diesel looks like their financing through a small local bank, and no clear interest rate??. The light kit looks too small for the night mowing I do, yes their HID's, but nothing replaces large lights
Nosparkplugs...nobody's making excuses for Bad Boy's dealer network. Talk to any Bad Boy dealer- rates on all Bad Boys through First Community Bank include 6.9% for 60mo. The 60 month program is appealing to alot of folks as they have a low payment and there's no prepayment penalty.

The HIDs pretty bright. You should try them
out before you bash them.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:30 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
0% for 2 years, 2.9% 3 years......6.9% for 5 years
nice

If i were to purchase another midmount ZTR it would be a diesel & most likely a BB AOS 35 HP CAT & 72 deck, or the Kubota ZD331, service after the sale is more important than a cheap priced mower.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:38 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
Be patient my friend, they will be there its only a matter of time. There are dealers around us begging to sell them....lol. There are orange mowers running around everywhere here.......We had a guy from both Tyler and Plano Tx drive over last week and pick some up, both were around 3 hours away. They weren't really worried about getting them serviced, because they have heard the unusual stories about how BB goes out of their way to make customers happy, plus i mean these things are so simple to work on, anyone could do it. We swapped an engine on one the other day, all we did was take 4 bolts of the back end, and the whole back panel just came right off, after doing that it took me prolly a total of 30 minutes to do the swap! It takes about 2 minutes to put a belt on these things, and talk about easy to grease and change the fluids, everything just opens right up. Your local idiot that fixes push mowers in his back yard could prolly do everything you have to do one of these....its so easy, all while you could just call the factory parts department direct, and have parts overnighted to your house.......or your local idiots house for all that matters....lol I drove 3 hours to pick my first Bad Boy up, and I had no doubt in my mind when leaving that if I was down, that dealer (or the factory) would do everything possible to get me up again.
Retrodog, I admit I don't know much about the Bad Boy's. I usually stay with the name brands that have been around for years and have a proven track record. You seem to be more knowledgeable than most on the company so give us some information. Where did the company originate? Was it a brainstorm in a fabrication shop somewhere or an established company that decided to get into the ZTR business? I'm looking for the origins of the company and how they came up with the design of the Bad Boy. Exmark, John Deere, Scag, etc has a lot tied up (and plenty of money for more) in the Research and Development dept. to come up with the mowers and deck design. Exmark was an unknown at one time till they started kicking Toro's hind parts so what's the story behind Bad Boy. I'm reserving judgment for a few years. I'm not sure if they are going to be a top contender or a one hit wonder. I'm all ears and say this with the utmost respect for a new and upcoming company.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:53 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma200 View Post
Retrodog, I admit I don't know much about the Bad Boy's. I usually stay with the name brands that have been around for years and have a proven track record. You seem to be more knowledgeable than most on the company so give us some information. Where did the company originate? Was it a brainstorm in a fabrication shop somewhere or an established company that decided to get into the ZTR business? I'm looking for the origins of the company and how they came up with the design of the Bad Boy. Exmark, John Deere, Scag, etc has a lot tied up (and plenty of money for more) in the Research and Development dept. to come up with the mowers and deck design. Exmark was an unknown at one time till they started kicking Toro's hind parts so what's the story behind Bad Boy. I'm reserving judgment for a few years. I'm not sure if they are going to be a top contender or a one hit wonder. I'm all ears and say this with the utmost respect for a new and upcoming company.
tacoma200,

have you been to the Bad Boy website?, it;s well designed & will answer your questions.