The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-28-2008, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yater View Post
Not here.

Texas penal code:

"A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect his property to the degree he reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, theft during the nighttime or criminal mischief during the nighttime, and he reasonably believes that the property cannot be protected by any other means."

"A person is justified in using deadly force against another to prevent the other who is fleeing after committing burglary, robbery, or theft during the nighttime, from escaping with the property and he reasonably believes that the property cannot be recovered by any other means; or, the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the property would expose him or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury. (Nighttime is defined as the period 30 minutes after sunset until 30 minutes before sunrise.)"
Thats awesome! Its confirmed I'm coming down to Texas. I always knew I wanted to live there.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Member

You should see the size of the roaches in Texas!

I've had a nice 1999 F250 and a four wheeler stolen. If I catch someone stealing something from me again they will probably ask me to shoot them before I'm done.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yater View Post
Not here.

Texas penal code:

"A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect his property to the degree he reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, theft during the nighttime or criminal mischief during the nighttime, and he reasonably believes that the property cannot be protected by any other means."

"A person is justified in using deadly force against another to prevent the other who is fleeing after committing burglary, robbery, or theft during the nighttime, from escaping with the property and he reasonably believes that the property cannot be recovered by any other means; or, the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the property would expose him or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury. (Nighttime is defined as the period 30 minutes after sunset until 30 minutes before sunrise.)"
Whats the crime rate like in Texas? That penal code alone should keep most guys in line.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:39 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRoyale View Post
Whats the crime rate like in Texas? That penal code alone should keep most guys in line.
Makes you wish you were an American, Canadian.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. --Leonardo da Vinci

http://integritylawnpro.com
Old 05-29-2008, 03:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

makes me wish i was a texan, although we have a similar law here in louisiana, except it covers property as in land, and crab traps (go fogure)
Old 05-29-2008, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowleak1 View Post
makes me wish i was a texan, although we have a similar law here in louisiana, except it covers property as in land, and crab traps (go fogure)
Gotta protect those crab traps from those thieves, Boudreau...
Echo PAS-265 Power-heads with Trimmer, Edger, Hedge Clipper, ProSweep and Power Pruner attachments
Shindaiwa EB-802RT, Echo PB-755T & PB-265L Backpack Blowers
Various backup equipment (Poulan Pro, Toro, Troy Bilt, etc...)
Professional pressure washing equipment.
Amsoil synthetic oil and E3 spark plugs for all engines...
Old 05-30-2008, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Frog View Post
Gotta protect those crab traps from those thieves, Boudreau...
No it's more like: "GOTTA PROTEK DOSE CRAB TRAPS FROM DOSE TEEVES, BOUDREAU..."
Old 06-07-2008, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thumbs up

Slone, you beat me to it. I prefer a bad reputation as a good shot, as the best deterrent to crime. I once went outside at about 2am cause I heard a noise, some POS crackhead had high centered his POS camero's rear bumper on a 800 lb landscape stone, as he backed into a flowerbed. Would sit there, spin his tires, get out, look, do it again. I had my coon gun with me, a Calico .22 rifle, with a 100 shot mag, laser sight, flashlight taper on the front, the works! Calmly walked down the driveway, once I had assessed the situation from a distance, Crackhead wasn't wearing his shirt, jumped out of the flowerbed, and I set the red dot between his nipples, and made sure it hit his eyes first, so he knew I was armed. He didn't know whether to s*** or go blind! I informed him that I was calling the police, not to approach closer. Cops had him towed out, I think he was a county councilman's son, and he didn't get charged with anything, but I heard later from a county cop that he had, indeed messed his pants!
Old 06-10-2008, 02:06 PM
LawnSite Member

there's this law enforcement catalog i use to get a long time ago that had tons of great signs like that to post up. the company was called "nic inc" or try "nic law enforcement" i think if you google that you should be able to find them if they're still around. they had a ton of "deadly force authorized" and "trespassers will be shot" signs lol i never ordered one but was always amused at looking at them.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I want to put one on my yard that says I WILL SHOOT YOUR DOG IF IT KEEPS GOING IN MY YARD.