Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-20-2000, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Has anyone purchased or at least tried out a new Shindaiwa EB630 backpack blower? I have been using Stihl BR400's for years, just wondered how this compares.
Old 01-21-2000, 10:00 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I ordered an EB630 on Monday. It should be here any day now. I'll let you know. Bob
Old 01-21-2000, 12:15 PM
LawnSite Member

I purchased a 630 last fall,very powerfull and it can blow huge piles of leaves as fast<br>as the operator can walk.
Old 01-21-2000, 02:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey Bob,<br> How much did it run you?
Old 01-21-2000, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

This place has em for $399. That should give you some idea of what they go for http://www.alamia.com/<p>Do any of you ever buy equipment mail order though? I don't know if I could just order equipment from someone out of state unless they were way cheaper.
Old 01-21-2000, 05:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm a loyalty guy towards my dealers and expect service in return, but when he wants $449.00 per BPB and you can get the same one for $369.00, eventually the business side of you takes over. I buy most all my 2-cycle equipment mail-order and will again this year. We turn it over quick and aquire enough each year to accomodate for downtime.
Old 01-21-2000, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Keith I just realized that i payed ten to fifteen percent more than what that site you showed me. Thanks I will probably use a printout of their prices to get a better deal from my dealrship because they honor that, but I might just go ahead and buy it from alamia because they are a lower price and I dont want to go back to a dealer that is too high to begin with. I Appreciate the help.
Old 01-21-2000, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Lazer, I know what ya mean. I try to buy from one dealer, but everyone of them has let me down. If you are going to charge me more, give me a reason to, provide outstanding service. Some dealers I have dealt with are no different than most mail order anyway. By the way, if you don't mind me asking, who do you regularly shop through for your mail order? I need three or four new things and need some decent quotes.<p>One more thing. I also mess around with late model Mustangs. There are a bunch of forums for those too, and some have group purchase deals. I bought a new SFI balancer on one of the group purchases and saved about 25% over the best price I could get by myself. The way it is set up is over a period of 3-4 weeks they get a group together, the dealer usually handles it. After the minimum is met(say 10 people) they will complete the order, nobody gets billed until the gp goes through. My question is could that work here? Say through a paying sponsor of this site. You could have several items set up, for example any Shindaiwa item. The dealer could offer the discounted price for all pieces (if a minimum is met). Then for three or 4 weeks members could buy the item they want at that price. This would benifit the smaller contractors, because they would have the buying power just as if they had bought 10 items themselves. Just an idea.<br>